Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's legacy stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
    No. If I wanna call Super Featherweight I'll call it Super ****ing Featherweight.

It'd be a close fight, but I think Floyd's speed advantage and movement will get him the win. Head to head I don't think anyone beats Floyd at 130.
    Arguello was a killer at 130. I think his technical boxing, punching speed/power, pressure and size would beat Floyd. Plus he had the same reach as Floyd.
    Last edited by timboslice708; 08-04-2012, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      So you wanna call it Super Featherweight or Super ****ing Featherweight?

TS dont know a motherfkin **** about boxing. Floyd is undefeated, he's the GOAT deal with it.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      This thread was dedicated to you and the likes.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        So you wanna call it Super Featherweight or Super ****ing Featherweight?

TS dont know a motherfkin **** about boxing. Floyd is undefeated, he's the GOAT deal with it.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        LMAO. Whatever I feel like calling it at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
          My point being is that many of his super hardcore fans believe that he is the perfect fighter, when in fact he is not. There are style that are better than Floyd's. The closest thing to a perfect fighter is Sugar Ray Robinson and prime Roy Jones Jr.
          This is just your opinion though, you aren't posting facts. Your opinion holds no more weight than the next person's. I don't feel as if May is the perfect fighter, but I'd be hard pressed to name a bunch of fighters that I feel have better styles. Take RJJ for instance, as great as he was in his prime, I don't feel as if he has ever been as skilled as Mayweather is. RJJ's style is inferior to Mayweather's, in my opinion.

Comment

My point being is that many of his super hardcore fans believe that he is the perfect fighter, when in fact he is not. There are style that are better than Floyd's. The closest thing to a perfect fighter is Sugar Ray Robinson and prime Roy Jones Jr.
            Floyd fights very much like Ray Robinson~ closer than either dude who stole his nickname.

If you can't see the Ray Robinson in Floyd you ain't looking close enough or don't know enough about Robinson to be throwing out his name in a boxing conversation~

Comment

um ok..........

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                This is just your opinion though, you aren't posting facts. Your opinion holds no more weight than the next person's. I don't feel as if May is the perfect fighter, but I'd be hard pressed to name a bunch of fighters that I feel have better styles. Take RJJ for instance, as great as he was in his prime, I don't feel as if he has ever been as skilled as Mayweather is. RJJ's style is inferior to Mayweather's, in my opinion.
                I completely understand where your coming from. Yes, Roy depended more on his athleticism, but we cant fault him for that. He was born with those tools. But, you also have to take into consideration, his punching power/speed/reflexes are attributed to his athleticism. Same with Ray Rob and Floyd, but he was just the ultimate at being effective with his athleticism. Sports is mainly about whose the most athletic/explosive/fastest/strongest whatever you want to call it. His defense wasn't the most technical, but he rarely got touched in his prime due to his athleticism, so i consider that the best trait to have.

Comment

Arguello was a killer at 130. I think his technical boxing, punching speed/power, pressure and size would beat Floyd. Plus he had the same reach as Floyd.
                  Floyd had better speed. His power at Super Featherweight was great. He'd be taller then Mayweather and have the same reach, but I don't see that being enough to beat Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    Floyd fights very much like Ray Robinson~ closer than either dude who stole his nickname.

If you can't see the Ray Robinson in Floyd you ain't looking close enough or don't know enough about Robinson to be throwing out his name in a boxing conversation~
                    Yes, their both slick fighters, but that's where the comparison ends. Ray Robinson was an ultra aggresive slick boxer/puncher. He threw insane combinations to the head and body, had one punch KO power, and had the speed to go along with it.

Edit: also one of the toughest fighters of all time. The dude was insanely durable.
                    Last edited by timboslice708; 08-04-2012, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
                      Floyd had better speed. His power at Super Featherweight was great. He'd be taller then Mayweather and have the same reach, but I don't see that being enough to beat Floyd.
                      Arguello was a monster at 130. He had timing and pressure, with technical boxing skills. He could end it with one punch. I dont see Floyd lasting all 12-15 rounds with Arguello. Plus he's shown that he has good movement, and his height would play a factor in the fight.
                      Last edited by timboslice708; 08-04-2012, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X