Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First day I realized that I got whooped in sparring...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First day I realized that I got whooped in sparring...

So today was my first day sparring since December when I left school, and I was sparring another kid who was taller than me, and relatively good. We were mainly doing it to show kids what it's like if you choose to spar in our club.

Now even though we weren't going very hard, I left the session saying to myself "I just got whooped in front of everyone here". That had never happened to me before, I'd been hurt in sparring before, gotten hit with good shots, but I never stopped and said to myself "wow, that was just awful." I felt like I couldn't hit him with anything, I mean i got him a few times but he just threw so many more punches than me, hit me wayy more flush than I wanted, etc.

Who else has had these days?

i think if anyone in here trys to say they have never been whooped in sparring they are lieing. I know i have before but its whatever

Comment

Paul Williams not sparring,but when he fought Carlos Quintana the 1st time Jk. That happened to me in January. I was just coming off of about a month break because I play baseball for my college team,and this guy slid a little 2 hard into second base and bruised my left calf.So I was unable to go to the boxing Gym for awhile,when I returned the first couple of days I felt real sluggish and lethargic ...when I sparred people who Ive been able to handle in the past I got dealt.But after getting back into shape/healing Im back to normal. Hopefully you'll be Ok

Comment

I've never sparred before.

Comment

every body has bad sessions i get whooped at the absolute least once a month.

Comment

Originally posted by NeXt In Line View Post
            So today was my first day sparring since December when I left school, and I was sparring another kid who was taller than me, and relatively good. We were mainly doing it to show kids what it's like if you choose to spar in our club.

Now even though we weren't going very hard, I left the session saying to myself "I just got whooped in front of everyone here". That had never happened to me before, I'd been hurt in sparring before, gotten hit with good shots, but I never stopped and said to myself "wow, that was just awful." I felt like I couldn't hit him with anything, I mean i got him a few times but he just threw so many more punches than me, hit me wayy more flush than I wanted, etc.

I've never been whooped in sparring but i've been clearly outboxed/outhustled. And i've felt embarrassed about it after. But i get over it and it just makes me more motivated to get better.

Comment

Of course everyone's been whooped on in sparring, even Pacquiao.

I actually had a good sparring session last night. I only went 4 rounds
              (after 2.5 mile warm up run, shadowboxing, and mitts) I should have red lined it, but i gotta be smart.

i sparred with a pro. Nothing special, but he's got experience. The highlight of the night was when i had him on the ropes for at least 13 seconds just pounding the fcuk outta him. I could have kept him there longer if i used more angles. But you all know like i know, when you get someone on the ropes and they're covering up, you get excited and you just want to start banging away. Angles. A slight step makes a whole big difference.

Yeah, i felt good last night. My coaches were yelling instructions at me. They gave me advice, i listened and executed. I think they were pleased.

But of course i've had my days of busted lips, bloody noses sore arms, i ruptured my ear drum etc.

Particularly when i spar with a higher class i'm just trying not to get hit. That's what i need though. Work on certain things with people below my level, push myself with sparring partners at the same level, and try to hang with people who are above my level.

Comment

its all a part of the game

Comment

It happens to every one av had some bad nights my self

Comment

Originally posted by NeXt In Line View Post

It is easy to get your ass kicked if it is hanging out ready for somebody to kick it. Improve your defense then you won't have to worry about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X