Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it racist to support only 1 nationality, race, or ethnicity of boxers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
    Take a look in the mirror sometime. Surely you should be able to afford one?
    There are pretty much zero native boxers. So whatever point you're trying to make is falling flat on its face. I like European boxers, black American boxers, Mexican boxers, a few Puerto Rican boxers (there aren't that many to begin with as compared to Mexico). My favorite boxer of all time was a black Brit who fought for Canada in the Olympics. So omawale turd...do us all a favor and shut up. Toodles.

Comment

It's dumb as hell is what it is.

Comment

no, i dont think it is

but if you hate on everything else because it isnt the race you support, like some do on here, then yea...its racist and ignorant

Comment

Originally posted by KOVALBOXER View Post
          Now this pisses me off.

Could it ever be so possible that Stevenson does look like a ****ing monkey? Kovalev's trainer is black ffs, that and have you ever watched any interviews with JDJ? The man is a self-assured individual, I highly doubt he'd train Kovalev if Kovalev was actually a racist. Pathetic man. Just because Kovalev doesn't respect Pascal and ****ing Monkeyson, doesn't mean he has a bias against blacks... those two cvnts literally trash talk him.

You should probably pay attention to the relationship Bhop and Kovalev have, they're good friends and guess what? Bhop is black.

Cut the crap
          B...But he has b-black friends doe!

LMAO, shut the **** up with that shyt. Ain't nobody fall for that trick anymore.

I see how you're only bringing up the minor racial shyt that Kovalev said. When it's been reported that in a couple of Russian interviews he openly calls blacks racial slurs and talks about how he doesn't like "bad ones".

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            In your opinion, when you see a boxing fan that only supports 1 race/ethnicity of fighters, do you think they are racist? Or do you just not consider them a true fan?? Or do you just believe everyone has the right to support who/what they want???

Discuss...
            Absolutely it is.

There is nothing wrong with rooting for your flag or country, but there is wrong, and foolishness in thinking your nations product is better than others, solely based on the fact that it's your nations product. That's flawed logic, it's foolish, and when it is true, it certainly has nothing to do with a flag or nation, but with the individual, their talents/gifts/drive, the trainers, promoters, etc.

If you are going to be selective as a fan, as least back it up logically, or expect to be ridiculed and disrespected at every turn, especially from me, the toe to toe poster kingpin.
            Originally posted by PBP. View Post
            No. If you from Brazil you support Brazil in the World Cup. If you from Cuba you support the Cubans in the Olympics. If you from LA you support the Lakers and Dodgers.

So why should it be different in boxing? I have no problem with Ricans pulling for Ricans, Mexicans pulling for Mexicans, Brits pulling for Brits, etc. I may not put much weight on their opinions but who cares about that stuff? It's just a sport.
            Like I said above, it matters if your love for your nations fighters skews your perception/opinion that they are better than others, solely because of something like a flag, region, or race.

The problem is people here don't root for their "own fighters" while remaining objective about the landscape of the sport.

Why are guys like me a dying breed?

I was technically born in the USA, but I have never supported a fighter just for that reason.

In fact, I don't know any USA fighters I like right now, other than maybe Wilder.

I love Fury, GGG, Lomachenko, Rigo, Kovalev, JMM, Maidana, Yaegashi, and everyone else in my sig list.

Why in heavens name would I root against any of those guys, talk bad about any of those guys, or rate them incorrectly, just because I am not Japanese, British, Kazahk, Ukrainian, Cuban, etc?

The less objective you are as a fan, the more you limit your exposure to the sport, the less reliable you are as a "source" or scorer, and the less respect you get on NSB.

'wraps has spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              In your opinion, when you see a boxing fan that only supports 1 race/ethnicity of fighters, do you think they are racist? Or do you just not consider them a true fan?? Or do you just believe everyone has the right to support who/what they want???

Discuss...
              Hmm interesting. Well if anything it definitely shows a lack of intelligence. Very crude logic/thinking if you could even call it that.

Comment

Working...
              X