This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
    To go off this the general idea of self defense plea is your life is in danger, and there is no way to escape the situation.

When someone kills another out of self defense the prosecution will always look to see if the defendant had a means to escape the situation (running away, locking a door, having help). The generally accepted situation of Martin on top of Zimmerman beating on him shows and being physically stronger than Zimmerman shows that Zimmerman had no escape and if he feared for his life the use of the gun is justified.

Was Martin going to beat Zimmerman to death? No I really doubt that would have happened. But the law is pretty clear cut for those types of situation and the fact that people are saying the outcome was a result of race is really reaching as this is a pretty clear cut self defense. An unfortunate and very avoidable death no doubt but in the eyes of the law it wasn't murder.
    Trayvon could've simply continued on home and been satisfied that he was able to "psyche" Zimmerman out by losing him. Instead, his ego got the best of him and led him to confront Zimmer. to "teach him a lesson".

Comment

• Racism is a business in America at this point. Look at how the news turned this intoa black vs white thing. When it came out the GZ was latino and considers himself latino the news then labelled him white hispanic. WTF? To continue the race baiting and diversion and division of the American people. This trial was sensationalized when it most certainly should not have been. The facts wernt their to support it being racist. CBS doctoring the 911 audio to make it sound as though GZ is saying abruptly hes black when, the real audio comes out the operator had to ask twice for the race of Trayvon before GZ answered. MSNBCs entire news cycle has been that the justice system failed because racism triumphs. They have not once looked at the evidence objectively. 24/7 cable news needs fodder to feed its costs and this case has been just that but they went one step further and fanned the flames of racism, division, and diversion to stir up racism and protests when their was absolutely no need.

Comment

• Zimmermans gay brother has his bro's back 100%, says Trayvon was just a gun toting marijuana grower that likes to drink lean

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
          To go off this the general idea of self defense plea is your life is in danger, and there is no way to escape the situation.
          Which is why SYG laws are ridiculous. "I believed my life was in danger but I wasn't going to run away, no sirree bob!"

Bullshit. If you believe your life is in danger you will run away if you can, unless you have another mitigating circumstance like the protection of another person to consider. The net result of SYG is more people remaining in dangerous situations they could have avoided and more people finding themselves in trouble with the law because they thought they were using a legal defense they don't actually understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
            Nobody wins in this whole thing.

The kid was shot dead.

The man responsible has to live with that for the rest of his life.

In addition to that there's people on twitter retweeting a copy of the police report with his name, address, SS#, phone#.

Does anyone know if he's in any sort of protection/relocation agreement?
            He's not a government witness so I doubt they'll spend money to protect him. He should problaby move somewhere low key.

Comment

• Is it so hard to believe that Trayvon was trying to "keep it real" and instead of going home in those 3+ minutes that Zimmerman had no idea where he was he decided to attack Zimmerman?

Comment

• Zimmerman is one of the many fat stupid fucks we can all do without.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  Zimmerman is one of the many fat stupid fucks we can all do without.
                  How dare he volunteer to be neighborhood watch and keep his community safe!

Comment

• This is set to be locked.

The trial is over, get on with your lives.

Comment

• Why do people refer to "liberals" and "conservatives"?

I consider myself more liberal than conservative and I was "siding" (if you like) with Zimmerman in this case. I don't think ideology has anything to do with it, just common sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X