No announcement yet.

Hit and dont get hit = Skill, Being a pressure fighter = 1 demensional

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit and dont get hit = Skill, Being a pressure fighter = 1 demensional

How do you guys figure that? those are just two different styles, both are skilled. yes it does take skills to be on your toes have a tight defense and play high speed chess, no doubt.

But there is also another element to the game, example Marvin Hagler, Mike Tyson, those guys, who were able to make it a dog fight and go in there for the killing, willing to take one shot to get of a equally good shot or better.

So how the hell can you guys sit back and claim that fighters with a boxers style in which they hit and dont get hit is skill, yet the other style is Not skills? I mean it takes skills to win a fight, how you win it and what skills you use to win it is just a matter of difference in styles.

But really I want to know why you claim its one demensional?

Because apparently skill = the conventional techniques they teach you

Its like saying Kevin Youkilis is not a skilled baseball player because he doesnt use the conventional batting stance and swing

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Because apparently skill = the conventional techniques they teach you

Its like saying Kevin Youkilis is not a skilled baseball player because he doesnt use the conventional batting stance and swing
      But that doesnt make sense it gets the job done, I mean it takes skill to get someone to fight your fight, I mean sure over all hit and dont get hit is the idea, but if you have a style that is a pressure style or even a great defensive style it takes skill to make sure that your fighting your type of fight through out the fight. thats what skills are.

its not that ohh this guy is a pressure fighter he is one demensional, or this guy is a saftey first fighter hes a ***** who runs. it takes skills to fight at your pace and force your style weather your a boxer or a banger.

I am just sick of these cats round here acting like there is only one style that means you have skills that is false....

Comment

its a way of some people to separate themselves from the so called "lesser" fans.

somehow appreciating pot shoting makes you a "true fan" rather than liking brutal ko's

Comment

whats the difference between skills and talents? find the answer and youll find the answer to your question.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
            its a way of some people to separate themselves from the so called "lesser" fans.

somehow appreciating pot shoting makes you a "true fan" rather than liking brutal ko's
            Thats up for debate as well when you are clearly out classing a feather fisted fighter, I think you should try and close the show even if you dont get the Kayo try to rock the mother ****er dont just be comfortable in a pot shot win.

Sure that is skill, but its not an eye pleasing one all the time when its a boring ass one sided affair...

Comment

Both take skill but u can go to your local bar, club and find guys who brawl...hitting and not getting hit is definitely the harder skill to learn...especially when u can stick to the game plan against a brawler!!

Comment

Originally posted by SincereDaGreat View Post
                Both take skill but u can go to your local bar, club and find guys who brawl...hitting and not getting hit is definitely the harder skill to learn...especially when u can stick to the game plan against a brawler!!
                Thank you, and it takes skill for a brawler to make the slick boxer fight....

Example of this, well take a look at Ibeabuchi vs Byrd....

Example of slick boxing skills out working the Banger, Take a look at PBF vs Chico

Comment

Inflicting as much damage to your opponent and at the same time minimizing damage inflicted on yourself is the point of boxing. The "slick" style is the epitomy of this.

This doesn't necessarily mean it will always prevail, but your chances of winning the fight are much higher.

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
                    Thank you, and it takes skill for a brawler to make the slick boxer fight....

Example of this, well take a look at Ibeabuchi vs Byrd....

Example of slick boxing skills out working the Banger, Take a look at PBF vs Chico
                    Seems like people are more into KO's but for a guy to stand in the pocket, slip, duck and roll punches while getting his off is more impressive for me personally than KO's in most cases.

Comment

Working...
                    X