No announcement yet.

Everyone is drunk off Rigo's win.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    I'll give Rigo props for being very talented but the forum has become almost unbearable in the past couple of days with the "goat" talk and such. The fight was a real bore to me as there was little combat (and I say that as someone who is often criticized as being a purist). With all the other great fights coming up,I'd love to see something else being talked about on here.
    Tell me about it. I was surprised with the outcome, as i thought Donaire would win. Rigo was the better boxer saturday night, props to him. But dam now all you see is rigo pics on peoples sig or pic lol.

Comment

What is the point of this thread? Rigo just completely dominated a top 5 pfp fighter, are we supposed to ignore that? Donaire at his weight was blasting everyone and on saturday night he landed 1 good shot and rigo got up with ease and said bring it. Rigo's win over donaire is prob one of the most impressive victories i've seen in a while.

Comment

Golovkin beat Proksa and dozens of threads were made afterwards, ranging from comedic to downright insanity. I think Rigo, a relatively unproven fighter, just beating Donaire, one of the best fighters below 135, deserves a lot of credit.

I know I'm looking forward to his next bout.

Comment

Props to Rigondeaux, it takes a true fighter to overcome someone who everyone thinks will easily beat you. Reminded me of Cotto/Trout

But this happens every time on NSB. A good win = GOAT. Yes Nonito was ranked highly, and so Rigo gets his dues. But to come out and say he's the greatest to ever put on gloves because of that win, is just insane.

I didn't really have a favourite in this fight, as i've never really followed either very much. But I spent a lot of today watching Donaire's fights. I must say that Donare looked awful in that fight with Rigo, and I feel that there was an issue. Even if you don't agree, you can't say for certain that it was all Rigo's skill that did that to him, and completely ignore the surgery Donaire is about to have.

These lower weight classes never catch major attention, and it's a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
            Props to Rigondeaux, it takes a true fighter to overcome someone who everyone thinks will easily beat you. Reminded me of Cotto/Trout

But this happens every time on NSB. A good win = GOAT. Yes Nonito was ranked highly, and so Rigo gets his dues. But to come out and say he's the greatest to ever put on gloves because of that win, is just insane.

I didn't really have a favourite in this fight, as i've never really followed either very much. But I spent a lot of today watching Donaire's fights. I must say that Donare looked awful in that fight with Rigo, and I feel that there was an issue. Even if you don't agree, you can't say for certain that it was all Rigo's skill that did that to him, and completely ignore the surgery Donaire is about to have.

These lower weight classes never catch major attention, and it's a shame.
            it was all Rigo man 1st straight left Donaire took it rocked him back and put him in bitch mode for 9 rounds

Comment

Same ****, different day.

Comment

I've seen a lot of threads lately hyping guys like GGG after his wins over Proksa, Ishida and Rosado. While they're they're good wins, we can't compare them with what Rigondeaux did on Saturday.

I like GGG but Ishida was already 37 years old and always has been a journeyman or gatekeeper. To be completely honest, the fight with GGG was just a horrible mismatch.
                Rosado is a natural 154 pounder who did his best to hang out in there with GGG. While he's a good opponent, he's never been world class.
                About Proksa I got to say that I consider that his best win so far, but to be sincere Proksa looked great against Sylvester and then looked pretty bad against Hope. Anyone could argue that Proksa was a top 10 MW, but IMO he was more of a top 15 MW. A good win nonetheless.

But none of those wins can be compared with what Rigondeaux did. He beat a top 5 P4P guy, the best in the 122 division and a guy who was undefeated for over 12 years. While I've never liked Donaire and I think his wins were a little bit over hyped, he was the top guy and was beating anyone who crossed his path. And then Rigo came by and just completely dominated him, making him look like an amateur and just neglecting all his best weapons (left hook and great speed). We're talking about a guy who only had 11 pro fights here. If the fights were still 15 rounds, Donaire wouldn't have survived.

Everyone has to be impressed with what Rigondeaux showed. He dominated with perfect boxing skill, fantastic speed (he was faster than Donaire), great punching power (Donaire was actually more hurt than Rigondeaux), massive counter skills and pin point precision. Still what keeps impressing me the most about Rigondeaux is his mentality, the way he keeps his focus. The guy is just like a robot, he might even have ice instead of blood in his veins.

Am I saying that Rigo is already an ATG? No, but I think that he proved once and for all that he has the potential to be one. He's going to have harder fights in front of him in the future, and if he wants to be a definitive HOF and ATG he's going to have to do a lot more than beat Donaire, but we can't forget the fact that he started his road to glory in great fashion.
                I don't see anyone at 122 beating him, and if he stays focused he can dominate the division for a very long time. You may or may not like the way Rigondeaux fights, but as a boxing fan we have to appreciate his skills. The guy is gifted, he was born to be a boxer, and he could certainly be one of the best if he continues the way he's going right now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
                  People on here are like infants. If you put something bright in front of them they will chase it and say "ooooh, it's sooooo shiny". Rigo is just the latest in a long line and will fade after Saturday's huge fight.
                  Says the Chavez Jr. fan

Comment

this always happens.. you have one group of ppl diminishing what was clearly a great performance and others going too far with their praise. i dont think its too hard to see this for what it is, its a great win not only beating a great fighter but doing it in style. might be the single best performance of the year when its all said and done.

that said it takes more than one great performance to become a legend, certainly to become the goat. rigo earned a p4p spot for sure, beating a guy like donaire the way he did you simply cant say otherwise. but he needs to follow up on it if he wants to be fightign for the top spots p4p, likewise that cant be disputed. goat conversations arent even close.

Comment

The place goes gull ****** everytime someone has a good win. According to some of the morons on this forum with one great win Rigo has invalidated Ward cleaning out a very talented division and over a decade of P4P work by Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X