Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch Not Impressed: Hope To Give Bute Another Pasting!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch Not Impressed: Hope To Give Bute Another Pasting!

IBF super middleweight champion Carl Froch was not impressed by Lucian Bute's victory over Denis Grachev on Saturday night, and he expects to batter Bute in their planned March/April 2013 rematch. Bute was stopped by Froch in five rounds in May, and returned on Saturday night in Montreal to win a twelve round decision over Grachev. Froch will defend his belt against Yusuf Mack on November 17 in Nottingham.

"Let's be honest, it wasn't the most impressive performance from Lucian Bute that I've ever seen," he told Sky Sports. "It wasn't vintage by any stretch of the imagination. Bute didn't really impress, but it was a comeback fight from a devastating defeat against myself, so what did people expect? He needed to find his feet again, find his confidence. I'm sure he's done that. I think mentally he needed to get that fight in the bag. [Click Here To Read More]

Bute and his team would be crazy to even consider this rematch based on last night's performance. Froch has already scarred Bute psychologically .

Comment

Easy money fight for Froch. Another knockout would only add to his reputation

Comment

Froch is the Man.

Comment

Team Bute dont need that rematch. It could be career-ending.

In fact, the first brutal stoppage could be career-ending in terms of him as a top level fighter. Another one of those would be very hard to recover from, and another one like that is exactly what will happen if they fight again.

Comment

Well, I guess Bute might as well get one last good pay day and fight Froch, because he's done. I don't see him improving much from last nights performance.

Comment

I doubt that Bute wants to fight Froch within 5 months...

Comment

Froch is so casually-properly arrogant...."devastating beating he took - by the likes of myself" - I love it. I agree that Bute should NOT fight Froch again.

Comment

Honestly, it would be a good idea for Bute to take one more fight before rematching Froch.

Comment

There is zero chance Bute wins. None. I said it before his fight last night, and its even more clear now. Bad chin, no confidence, and can't block a right hand. He is done.

Comment

Working...
                    X