Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If HBO calls Ward-Dawson with a biased tone, who will they side with?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
    I am going for chad
    Ward bro..

I believe in everything you typed except for the cotto fight...

that was a fair one I guess, larry and steward kept on mentioning cotto's performance and jab...

larry even point out "isn't it embarrassing for Floyd who is so proud of his boxing skills to get constantly hit with that Jab?"

Comment

they will be in wards favor if its close but if chad is winning convincinlgy i think they will call that too. right now they have alot of expectations of ward but the same thign still goes for dawson. hes young, a champion, got one of the best resumes in boxing and is just an excellent fighter.

it depends whos commentating though, roy and steward usually call it fair and kellerman is a fan of dawson. larry is gonna hate on dawson all night, hes done it before. he will probably hate on ward too and just sit there complaining all night, lampley will be biased towards the house fighter to the point where hes just making **** up as usual.

btw i dont think mayweather-cotto was that bad, they called it how it was imo. ppl were just so excited about cottos success they blew it out of proportion in their own mind, in all honesty floyd was on top of him for the most part and landed cleaner punches and on a more regular basis. cotto gave floyd enough of a challenge to make it entertaining but mayweather won convincingly and the crew called it.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
        they will be in wards favor if its close but if chad is winning convincinlgy i think they will call that too. right now they have alot of expectations of ward but the same thign still goes for dawson. hes young, a champion, got one of the best resumes in boxing and is just an excellent fighter.

it depends whos commentating though, roy and steward usually call it fair and kellerman is a fan of dawson. larry is gonna hate on dawson all night, hes done it before. he will probably hate on ward too and just sit there complaining all night, lampley will be biased towards the house fighter to the point where hes just making **** up as usual.

btw i dont think mayweather-cotto was that bad, they called it how it was imo. ppl were just so excited about cottos success they blew it out of proportion in their own mind, in all honesty floyd was on top of him for the most part and landed cleaner punches and on a more regular basis. cotto gave floyd enough of a challenge to make it entertaining but mayweather won convincingly and the crew called it.
        Man I hope Merchant isn't calling this fight, I don't feel like hearing his ramblings or corny jokes about fighters who aren't just standing there swinging while ignoring anything resembling defense. I love when Roy is commentating cause he calls it exactly how it's going down.

Comment

Dawson is done from HBO's perspective. He brain-farted against Pascal (who he would beat any day of the week) and when he wins, it's a dull fight. Plus, he doesn't have a media-friendly personality. Ward is the 'new guy'. Personable, religious, American gold medalist. Lampley will be all over Andre's jock the entire fight. Bet on it.

Comment

Dawson could be dangerous at 168. He looked like a cruiser weight in the Hopkins fight. If ward beats him I would be really impressed. Unless he kills himself making the weight. But I don't want to use that as a built in excuse seeing as he wanted to do it. Has been there before and his SC coach said it was no problem.

Comment

I'd kinda like if chad won but i reckon ward will handle him fairly comfortably - as for commentary who cares? just stick it on mute if it bothers u

Comment

I think they will side with Ward.

Comment

they'd favor Ward
                  neither is a crowd favorite, but Ward's moreso than Dawson
                  maybe they can think to squeeze some dollars out of him
                  Dawson is always shitty to watch, not interesting at all

Comment

they'll be on Ward's side

but that wont matter...once the fight becomes a stinker, Larry Merchant will talk **** about both

god bless Larry

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                      they'll be on Ward's side

but that wont matter...once the fight becomes a stinker, Larry Merchant will talk **** about both

god bless Larry
                      this too
                      Larry carried Wlad-Haye and made it watchable
                      he'll come up with some good lines in this one
                      he better be there instead of Kellerman

Comment

Working...
                      X