Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rank Sam Langford middleweight or light-heavy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you rank Sam Langford middleweight or light-heavy?

I'm not sure where he should be ranked, he achieved great things at middleweight. Where do you think he should be ranked and why?

at hw top ten

p4p top ten...

lhw and mw

IDK

Comment

Top 10 MW.

Top 20 HW

Top 10 LHW

Top 10 P4P.

Comment

this^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          Top 10 MW.

Top 20 HW

Top 10 LHW

Top 10 P4P.
          Where do you think his best weight was?

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
            Where do you think his best weight was?
            When he was about 165. So yeah, Light Heavy.

Comment

Middleweight.....when he weighed in over the Middleweight limit he tended to be on the chunky side

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                Middleweight.....when he weighed in over the Middleweight limit he tended to be on the chunky side

Poet
                What were his best fights at middlweight?

Comment

What were his best fights at middlweight?
                  A couple of examples are several of Langford's fights with Young Peter Jackson were contested at Middleweight as were a couple of his fights with Jack Blackburn.

Poet

Comment

I'm not sure where he should be ranked, he achieved great things at middleweight. Where do you think he should be ranked and why?
                    I'll go for LHW,.. I think Sam got better after MW, I know poet say's he was on the chunky side, but I think the Johnson fight was a catalyst for the Sam Langford that he became. By the time he was fighting in Australia Sam appears on film, and we see a Tank, he may have slowed a little, but was faster than any HW despite that. As well as the fact That the Langford we see against Squires could never make the MW limit anyway,..... not without being severely weakened anyhoo. People bring up his lack of height against bigger men, here's a little fact, like Les Darcy, Langford had an incredible reach, and with someone as skilled as Langford could make a short stature and extra long reach into an advantage. I think one of the keys to Langford is in that reach, you don't come across many with such extra long reach, but usually they are the Hardest of all bangers, apart from those two, Hearns amd Foster come to mind, and also Monzon.... So when I think about it real hard, I think it about 98 % sure that Sam Langford was every bit as dynamite a puncher as legend has it....................... it may just come down to pure Physics....................... I must therefore conclude that Sam "The Boston Tar Baby" Langford was A great MW, A Great Super MW, a great LHW, Certainly a GREAT CW, and Dangerous enough to be a threat to an Elephant, even. He was simply everything the old timers claim that he was,.............. and they'd know.

Comment

Working...
                    X