No announcement yet.

Marciano, Dempsey, Langford, Louis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
    LoL, 'kay well i'm not ***** you can post what on your mind...I dont give a ****

I don't feel like Klitschko's size does enough fella's. He's a giant ***** compared to Langford and I know from experience there are people ***** enough to have over 100lbs on someone and still get shown they're just a *****. I'm not saying Klitschko's a ***** in general, but throw him the ring with the guy Jock Johnson ducked and you get a comical beat down. Basically what your telling me is you don't think Langford could land a solid clean punch, or that even with a solid punch he couldn't KO Klitschko. I'm aware of the size difference...I'm also aware of what Klits can take and Langford can throw. His feet are quick enough to out speed Klitschko and hands are powerful enough to knock him out.
    Come on dude. Would you pick Marvin Hagler over the Klitschkos? Just because Langford beat up some 190 lbers does NOT mean that he could take skilled giants like K2. I'm not a size-hugger or whatever the term is, but it matters eventually. Ricardo Lopez vs. Glen Johnson, who wins?

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
      not liking the way this poll is set up
      Me neither, its a nuthugger-disser poll.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        not liking the way this poll is set up
        If you mean the all or nothing choice, then I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
          LoL, 'kay well i'm not ***** you can post what on your mind...I dont give a ****

I don't feel like Klitschko's size does enough fella's. He's a giant ***** compared to Langford and I know from experience there are people ***** enough to have over 100lbs on someone and still get shown they're just a *****. I'm not saying Klitschko's a ***** in general, but throw him the ring with the guy Jock Johnson ducked and you get a comical beat down. Basically what your telling me is you don't think Langford could land a solid clean punch, or that even with a solid punch he couldn't KO Klitschko. I'm aware of the size difference...I'm also aware of what Klits can take and Langford can throw. His feet are quick enough to out speed Klitschko and hands are powerful enough to knock him out.
          Well I wasn't really too worried about your feelings, but I do have standards that I try to live up to. And since you are a serious boxing fan who I don't have a problem with, I didn't want my instant response to have a nasty tone.

It's just when you said how Langford was a master from the inside and the outside (and I'm not saying he wasn't), it just pushed my buttons. The thought of a 5'6 middleweight staying on the outside with either brother is totally absurd to me. I think the world of Manny Pacquiao, but I wouldn't pick him over Chad Dawson, who isn't as good of a fighter.

Size certainly doesn't mean everything, but it sure as hell means something. And like I've said over and over, if you saw Langford or Marciano in the ring with Klitschko, believe me, you'd get a sick feeling that you were about to see something ugly. And you would.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
            Come on dude. Would you pick Marvin Hagler over the Klitschkos? Just because Langford beat up some 190 lbers does NOT mean that he could take skilled giants like K2. I'm not a size-hugger or whatever the term is, but it matters eventually. Ricardo Lopez vs. Glen Johnson, who wins?
            " Would you pick Marvin Hagler over the Klitschkos? Just because Langford beat up some 190 lbers does NOT mean that he could take skilled giants like K2. "

Ahem...Sam actully beat Harry Willis who weighed well over 200 pounds. And was out of his prime while doing it.
            Last edited by Greatest1942; 07-12-2011, 02:03 AM.

Comment

The topic is odd,no one even made midcard fighting like they did from dempsey or rocks era in 70s-90s all of those guys were novices even compared to amateurs in 70s-90s,they all would be destroyed by klit with like 2 or 3 shots,everyone who voted for those guys or gave them any chance is a crazy person
              Last edited by Ascended; 10-14-2023, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                I would Langford, Dempsey and Louis all over Wlad. I love Marciano but I think he may be to slow.

Vitaly is another story. The only one I'd pick with surety is Louis.

Which quality opponent did they walk all over to make you think that, besides Schmeling? You can't name them, can you?

Since you do know something about boxing, maybe you can break it down for me in terms of how the fight would go. Use film study, stats, and punches stats please.

I will be looking forward to your reply. The facts remain each of the picks you make lost a lot to sub 200 pound men. Sometimes they were blown out by them, hardly winning a 1/3 of the fight.​

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended View Post
                  The topic is odd,no one even made midcard fighting like they did from dempsey or rocks era in 70s-90s all of those guys were novices even compared to amateurs in 70s-90s,they all would be destroyed by klit with like 2 or 3 shots,everyone who voted for those guys or gave them any chance is a crazy person
                  Well, they might last a few round but I bet they get stopped. You are a voice if reason here who does not watch boxing with black and white glasses on.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
                    Would these former world heavyweight champions been able to beat the Klitschko brothers? i am not a fan of the klitschko's but is there style, strength and size, plus they have got some skill for big guys is that just to much for the likes of dempsey marciano, langford and louis to overcome?
                    Marciano is too slow to beat them.Langford always had problems with bigger guys who could jab well Dempsey and Louis beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post

Well I wasn't really too worried about your feelings, but I do have standards that I try to live up to. And since you are a serious boxing fan who I don't have a problem with, I didn't want my instant response to have a nasty tone.

It's just when you said how Langford was a master from the inside and the outside (and I'm not saying he wasn't), it just pushed my buttons. The thought of a 5'6 middleweight staying on the outside with either brother is totally absurd to me. I think the world of Manny Pacquiao, but I wouldn't pick him over Chad Dawson, who isn't as good of a fighter.

Size certainly doesn't mean everything, but it sure as hell means something. And like I've said over and over, if you saw Langford or Marciano in the ring with Klitschko, believe me, you'd get a sick feeling that you were about to see something ugly. And you would.
                      - - When in doubt I say, Ye Aulde Master Scott, R.I.P. wraps it up so elegantly cryptic, so there it is for an eternity...

Comment

Working...
                      X