No announcement yet.

Some **** crashed into and totaled my Car

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
    check the market value of your car on http://www.kbb.com/ this is what most insurance companies go by. no matter how much you pay for insurance, it all boils down to how old and shit your car is.
    3600 for a '96 Honda...not bad. I only bought it for $2800

Comment

check the market value of your car on http://www.kbb.com/ this is what most insurance companies go by. no matter how much you pay for insurance, it all boils down to how old and shit your car is.
      It also depends on how much of a risk factor you are

I was paying more per year then my car was actually worth

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        It also depends on how much of a risk factor you are

I was paying more per year then my car was actually worth
        really? i don't think an insurance company includes that in determining the price of your car when you total it. they give you the check based on what condition (before the accident), what year the car is, and how much they go for in your surrounding area. as a rule of thumb, the most you'll probably get from a 10 year old car is 5k or below.

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
        3600 for a '96 Honda...not bad. I only bought it for $2800
        that's a come up lol. is it stock or did you mod anything? if you did, i'd take em off asap.
        Last edited by John Barron; 03-18-2011, 07:07 PM.

Comment

I've never gone through insurance because living in NYC the rates are skyhigh

I think i was paying like $3000 a year because of a few tickets. And an accident will only push it higher
          even if you aren't at fault? who's your insurance company? bunch of nazis.

Comment

really? i don't think an insurance company includes that in determining the price of your car when you total it. they give you the check based on what condition (before the accident), what year the car is, and how much they go for in your surrounding area. as a rule of thumb, the most you'll probably get from a 10 year old car is 5k or below.

that's a come up lol. is it stock or did you mod anything? if you did, i'd take em off asap.
            Nah it's all stock. I might be Asian but I'm not much of a racer lol. Ima use this money to work on my Subie tho. Now that, I will mod.

Comment

Well insurance is basically a liability factor. If i had report all 4 accidents, then i would have most likely been dropped from the insurance completely. The reason Insurance in NYC is probably like 5X the national average is because theres a bigger chance you will get into an accident here

even if you aren't at fault? who's your insurance company? bunch of nazis.
              Yes they will raise my rates, because i have proved that i am a bigger liability. Same thing happens when you get points on your licence, you have now proved to be a higher liability and so they will raise your rates

Comment

But the Toyota has been nothing but great to me and was even drivable after that crash if not for the leaking feul
                As an ex-mechanic I can tell you Toyota make awesome cars. Great on gas and reliable as hell, anyone who argues that is a fool.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jay- View Post
                  As an ex-mechanic I can tell you Toyota make awesome cars. Great on gas and reliable as hell, anyone who argues that is a fool.
                  I completely agree

My mechanic told me not to get a Toyota because i would never see him again

Comment

Working...
                  X