Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Klitschko-Brewster I - was it ever cleared up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klitschko-Brewster I - was it ever cleared up?

I was wondering if it ever was cleared up what exactly happened in the aftermath of the fight...

I think common sense is that Wlad tired himself out and was simply gassed...

Afterwards I heard that Wlad thought that he was drugged... there was supposedly a new corner man in the corner... the betting odds exploded shortly before the match... Wlad gave his urine afterwards and wanted it to be tested but it was lost on the way to the labor... many things were said... does anybody know what happened there...

I always felt that the fight looked kind of fishy to me to be honest... Wlad had him hurt and was throwing bombs at him which of course costs power but he seemed to be dead from one moment to the next... Brewster landed some shots but honestly it ain't looked like they were the reason he was going down... you could see he felt the punches... but it was not Corrie Sanders like where he got a left and went straight down... he looked simply tired and weak... the punches did the rest of course...

Nothing big historically I want to dig out here - I just came back into my head somehow because I just saw Brewster fight...

Anybody got insights?

bump...

nobody knows something about that??????????

Comment

never heard about this; this is some strange stuff

Comment

Originally posted by jkaisen41 View Post
        I was wondering if it ever was cleared up what exactly happened in the aftermath of the fight...

I think common sense is that Wlad tired himself out and was simply gassed...

Afterwards I heard that Wlad thought that he was drugged... there was supposedly a new corner man in the corner... the betting odds exploded shortly before the match... Wlad gave his urine afterwards and wanted it to be tested but it was lost on the way to the labor... many things were said... does anybody know what happened there...

I always felt that the fight looked kind of fishy to me to be honest... Wlad had him hurt and was throwing bombs at him which of course costs power but he seemed to be dead from one moment to the next... Brewster landed some shots but honestly it ain't looked like they were the reason he was going down... you could see he felt the punches... but it was not Corrie Sanders like where he got a left and went straight down... he looked simply tired and weak... the punches did the rest of course...

Nothing big historically I want to dig out here - I just came back into my head somehow because I just saw Brewster fight...

Anybody got insights?

Yea something seems a little fishy about that. Also look how eay he beat LB in the rematch too. Plus Don King was LB promotor at the time.

Comment

bump...

nobody knows something about that??????????
          Having seen the whole fight on video, it's obvious he was either drugged or became very ill in the last three minutes of the fight. He seems okay at the start of the fifth and even gets 15 seconds to relax as the ref cleans up some water on the mat.

It wasn't exhaustion. Who the hell gets exhausted in the fifth round?

Comment

Originally posted by Munchies View Post
            Having seen the whole fight on video, it's obvious he was either drugged or became very ill in the last five minutes of the fight.

It wasn't exhaustion. Who the hell gets exhausted in the fifth round?
            I mean this shouldn't turn into an Wlad hugger thread or something I was just wondering because like you said...

If it was exhaustion I never seen somebody implode from one second to the next like that... it was unreal... in Germany there were some outrage about it for a moment but nothing really happened and after the urine dissapeared in the US Klitschko pretty much said well, there is nothing anymore that can prove that and accepted it more less I guess...

@to the other poster... I think the rematch Lamon was also another Lamon... he went through tough battles with Krasniqui and also Lyakhovich... I don't base this on the rematch... more so the way he imploded in this fight

Comment

I mean this shouldn't turn into an Wlad hugger thread or something I was just wondering because like you said...

If it was exhaustion I never seen somebody implode from one second to the next like that... it was unreal...
              He seems to rapidly become lethargic in the fifth round for no apparent reason. He seems unable to even keep his gloves up.

in Germany there were some outrage about it for a moment but nothing really happened and after the urine dissapeared in the US Klitschko pretty much said well, there is nothing anymore that can prove that and accepted it more less I guess...
              More evidence chicanery was afoot.

@to the other poster... I think the rematch Lamon was also another Lamon... he went through tough battles with Krasniqui and also Lyakhovich... I don't base this on the rematch... more so the way he imploded in this fight
              I have never seen anything like the Wlad/Brewster 1 fight. I did see Bute become totally exhausted but that was in the 12th round.

Comment

Yea, that was crazy, Wlad was putting a beating on LB and then boom...

Comment

I was thinking it could have been over training or something, but it was weird to watch. It was like he was out on his feet without getting hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsukiyomi View Post
                    I was thinking it could have been over training or something, but it was weird to watch. It was like he was out on his feet without getting hit.
                    But nobody has really insights or????????????????????

I mean usually when fighters claim to be drugged this gets some fabrication...

Foreman for years claimed that he was drugged before the Ali fight...

I think Tarver said something about that after the Hopkins fight...

I don't think that these two have any merrit to it... but Klitschko like stated... I mean you could see that Foreman gets more tired with every round... Tarver was never really there but ain't fall apart like ****... he was the whole fight ****...

Wlad really came out of nowhere

Comment

Working...
                    X