No announcement yet.

Ufc >>> Boxing???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tysonisgod View Post
    if u want to see how big ufc is gettin take a little look at wat we are all writing about, talkin about and takin an interest in, i bet more people in the world no who tito ortiz is than who the top 10 heavyweights are right now
    True man, i mean who still talks about boxing when you go out and chill with ur buddies. Go to my school and ask them who floyd is, they would say floyd who?

Comment

I don't care what people 'know'. UFC's top fights do not compare with those from boxing, period. UFC is more new and more savage and that is why it has appeal. If boxing's top fights were shown to people who think UFC is better, they would change their mind because obviously they haven't seen boxings top fights if they think UFC is better.

Comment

i ask anyone to give me a list of top fights in boxing from 2006, look at my list of ufc fights...

liddell vs couture 3
        riggs vs diaz
        gsp vs penn
        arlovski vs sylvia
        ortiz vs griffin
        diaz vs sherk
        gracie vs hughes
        swick vs riggs
        silva the only man to get 100% connect rate in his fight with leben
        liddel knocking the **** out of sobral
        bonnar griffin 2
        penn vs hughes 2
        joe lauzon a 18 year old knocking jens pulver out
        tito vs shamrock
        the blood bath that was sherk vs florian
        sanchez beatin riggs
        gsp beatin hughes
        then you hav the huge success of all the ultimate figther shows, where the winners
        hav went on to do somethin....like win fights and make names for themself and not look like
        fools on the way to it

I could go on, but the point is done these are the fights i remeber most about 06 in the ufc,
        boxing i can only remeber crap fights, fighters that shouldnt hav been fighting,
        guys who shouldnt be champs winning fights they shouldnt win, someone give me a list of
        17 really good/great fights of 06 in boxing of the top of their heads?

Comment

i ask anyone to give me a list of top fights in boxing from 2006, look at my list of ufc fights...

liddell vs couture 3
          riggs vs diaz
          gsp vs penn
          arlovski vs sylvia
          ortiz vs griffin
          diaz vs sherk
          gracie vs hughes
          swick vs riggs
          bonnar griffin 2
          penn vs hughes 2
          tito vs shamrock
          sanchez beatin riggs
          gsp beatin hughes
          then you hav the huge success of all the ultimate figther shows, where the winners
          hav went on to do somethin....like win fights and make names for themself and not look like
          fools on the way to it

I could go on, but the point is done these are the fights i remeber most about 06 in the ufc,
          boxing i can only remeber crap fights, fighters that shouldnt hav been fighting,
          guys who shouldnt be champs winning fights they shouldnt win, someone give me a list of
          I can name about 50 of them but it's pointless because you have no idea who half the fighters are because you are NOT a true boxing fan. You know what you see on HBO and Showtime. I watch boxing from all over the world and follow fighters from every single country. When I hear about a good fight, I track it down and could care less if it's in English or Arabic, as long as it's good.

Look at the top fight of 2006 between Somsak Sithchatchawal and Mahyar Monshipour, this fight is better than any MMA fight PERIOD!

And I know my MMA better than most, I still get imported tapes of Pride (the Japan versions), I watched Rings, Shooto, K-1, imported BJJ, have all 66 UFC cards, plus the two Ultimate Ultimates.

Actually I can also name about 20 fights in Pride that were better than any UFC fight this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlick View Post
            I think not LOL

If that was suppose to be their marquee match for the year then that was a huge dissapointment. UFC's 2 biggest stars made for a snore fest. Those UFC people need to shut up about boxing being dead if that was the best they had to offer.

Boxing >>>>>>>>>>>> UFC
            UFC is making the match ups......but it will never overtake boxing.

Comment

You guys are forgetting that as new as the SPORT is it is quickly on the rise. A lot of the fights that the UFC put on via PPV is doing quite well and catching on real quick with boxing PPVs on top of the fact that they have a reality TV show on its 5th season, shown on Spike TV 4 times a month and have their Ultimate Fight Nights on Spike as well.

I am not saying it'll take over boxing next year or the year after but it's catching up real quick and as the fighters start to get better and start to evolve on top of Dana White bringing in more top competitors from over seas to give a reason for American fighters to get better...these events from the UFC will get much bigger.

There are now more MMA gyms/schools opening up faster than there are boxing gyms. There are now people coming from Olympic College level wrestling to Judo Olympic medalists coming into the sport of MMA.

It's still a snore fest to those who haven't been watching for a long time or train in MMA or even do martial arts because the strategy is different and looks boring, but my palms were sweaty as hell watching this UFC 66 because even though I'm not a Tito fan per say...some of us knew what he had to do in order to win...it was all a matter of watching if whether he can pull it off.

MMA is growing...just you watch...

Comment

Originally posted by ClydeErwinBarretto View Post
                You guys are forgetting that as new as the SPORT is it is quickly on the rise. A lot of the fights that the UFC put on via PPV is doing quite well and catching on real quick with boxing PPVs on top of the fact that they have a reality TV show on its 5th season, shown on Spike TV 4 times a month and have their Ultimate Fight Nights on Spike as well.

I am not saying it'll take over boxing next year or the year after but it's catching up real quick and as the fighters start to get better and start to evolve on top of Dana White bringing in more top competitors from over seas to give a reason for American fighters to get better...these events from the UFC will get much bigger.

There are now more MMA gyms/schools opening up faster than there are boxing gyms. There are now people coming from Olympic College level wrestling to Judo Olympic medalists coming into the sport of MMA.

It's still a snore fest to those who haven't been watching for a long time or train in MMA or even do martial arts because the strategy is different and looks boring, but my palms were sweaty as hell watching this UFC 66 because even though I'm not a Tito fan per say...some of us knew what he had to do in order to win...it was all a matter of watching if whether he can pull it off.

It wont take over boxing because MMA and Boxing have two different audiences.

I tried to get friends of mine into the UFC and they think most of the ground work is boring and its' gay to them.

I know people try to say this is not the case, but stats have shown that the majority of the US MMA audience is white and most of them do not watch boxing, and few ever have.

The reason the UFC is making the fight is because they have a monopoly, which would be illegal in boxing. They own all the "UFC belts" and have all the fighters under one UFC banner. If Don King owned all the titles and had every single major fighter under his control, I'm sure he would make all the big fights too.

Comment

Originally posted by ClydeErwinBarretto View Post

Yeah, well so is Cirque De Soliel.

Take that **** to the MMA threads...

Comment

liddell vs couture 3
                    riggs vs diaz
                    gsp vs penn
                    arlovski vs sylvia
                    ortiz vs griffin
                    diaz vs sherk
                    gracie vs hughes
                    swick vs riggs
                    bonnar griffin 2
                    penn vs hughes 2
                    tito vs shamrock
                    sanchez beatin riggs
                    gsp beatin hughes
                    fools on the way to it

If you follow boxing as much as MMA then surely you can think of more exciting bouts in boxing.

Comment

The UFC took wrestling fans basically. The two are very similar and are shown on the same network.

Comment

Working...
                      X