Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamboa To Move Down to Puerto Rico

Monday, January 14, 2013
    Carlos Gonzalez / cgonzalez@primerahora.com

Promoters of Yuriorkis Gamboa consider the idea of setting up in Puerto Rico with the possibility for Gamboa to headline a fight and in turn, develop a solid fan base.

"The rapper 50 Cent bought Gamboa's contract from Top Rank and is interested in Puerto Rico as the basis for their training camps and maybe even make his next fight on the island," said Peter Rivera, vice president of PR Best Promotions .

"Puerto Rico has a solid base of Cubans who love and know boxing and Gamboa would be the perfect figure," he added.

Gamboa has made a name with his fights on HBO, however, his contractual disputes with Top Rank have kept him away from the public eye. So, apparently, 50 Cent is interested in the fighter to be active more often.

"Gamboa is a figure who always has solid numbers and is backed by the ratings," said Rivera.

Also announced that Gamboa will be on the card that "Juanma" Lopez will star on February 2 in the Ruben Rodriguez Coliseum in Bayamon.

"We hope we can revive the idea that Lopez and Gamboa will face in the future. Juanma could stay at 130 pounds and is an idea that pleases HBO, "said Rivera, while he did not rule that Gamboa is fighting in March or April.

damn, now gamboa moves down to pr and takes the 3 juanma fans left in the island... lmao!

Comment

so does this mean 50 will not be relocating his gym?

lopez is shot man...the allure of that fight vanished 2-3 years ago

Comment

Sad that gamboa own people dont support him.Has to go to another
        country to get sum support.

Comment

Building a fanbase? Why they acting like hes 22 years old? He's like 32 a little late for that!

Comment

Originally posted by controlmachete View Post
            damn, now gamboa moves down to pr and takes the 3 juanma fans left in the island... lmao!

He's not that bad! When I was banned here for 3 weeks I debate with some gamboa & rigo fans at sherdoggg! They outnumbered me there. 3-1 I think there's only 4 of us there. hehe

Comment

Id like to see Gamboa whip Juan Ma's ass.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                Sad that gamboa own people dont support him.Has to go to another country to get sum support.
                You sir, are a fkin moron or just plain ignorant or just dunno how to read the English language. Did you miss this part in the article?
                "Puerto Rico has a solid base of Cubans who love and know boxing and Gamboa would be the perfect figure," he added.

Do I need to translate it to you in Spanish?

Anyway, I missed this thread so I gotta revive it. Is Gamboa is still fighting on this card? Feb 2 is like around the corner and we haven't heard anything from Gamboa's people.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  You sir, are a fkin moron or just plain ignorant or just dunno how to read the English language. Did you miss this part in the article?

Anyway, I missed this thread so I gotta revive it. Is Gamboa is still fighting on this card? Feb 2 is like around the corner and we haven't heard anything from Gamboa's people.
                  He aint fighting on the card, him and 50 will be present to watch Juanma fight, thats all. And to start the process of moving Gamboa to PR. Ill be at the fight il let you know whats what!

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

He aint fighting on the card, him and 50 will be present to watch Juanma fight, thats all. And to start the process of moving Gamboa to PR. Ill be at the fight il let you know whats what!
                    Hey shake his hand for me!

But yea, in December they were already making plans of fighting in February but nobody counted on the Philipino to be so damn tough. Crazy fight...

Hopefully he will fight again March or April.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X