Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Seth Mitchell be brought along faster?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear Michael Grant could be next.

That could be aa intense test. Grant still has very good power.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post

To be honest, in the overall scheme of things, he probably got into boxing too late and will never be a titleist.
      This ^.

He should be fighting genuine contenders by the end of 2012, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
        Reed, now you know that's not how king troll rolls.
        Lol, "king troll"? I'm not the hero worshipping tough guy who challenges people to internet fights, am I? Now if you don't have anything constructive to say on the topic you can leave the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
          This ^.

He should be fighting genuine contenders by the end of 2012, though.
          Why? He's been boxing for what6 of 7 years? Most other fighters have been doing it twice as long. Why not let him develop?

Comment

Nope perfect pace. He needs more head movement. He does have one dimension that is almost never used when fighting a Klithcko bro & that's the body attack. A sustained body attack is very necessary to defeating a bro. Now they need to improve vastly on his head movement.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              Personally I think his team is doing a great job matching him and getting him experience. I've seen some on here who are buying into the HBO hype though without really understanding just how inexperienced he really is. Having him fight a Klit now would be the same as Pete Radamacher fight for the heavyweight championship in his first fight. In other words, career suicide. 2 or 3 more fringe contenders and than 2 legitimate top 10 fighters and if he keeps winning he should be ready. If he loses we'll know he wasn't readyanyway and its back to the drawing board.

for once, goldenboy is doing things right

mitchell is going to be a popular american sports figure if they keep this up

his fight with wladimir (which he WILL lose) could be very big business over here. certainly has the potential to be one of the biggest non ppv fights of the year

mitchell's last fight was wildly exciting. as he faces better guys they can only get better if he's not outclassed.

that's what heavyweights do. if they can get to you and they're willing they will put you to sleep in a fight that's almost garanteed to be exciting so long as there is parody

why rush mitchell?
              he's an HBO level fighter. he's proven that. hbo and haymon can keep him on hbo making good money against guys not named klitschko, arreola, adamek, chambers, or chisora for now
              they should stick with it until he gets a title shot

only fight arreola if you absolutely have to, because to you will probably lose.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                I hear Michael Grant could be next.

That could be aa intense test. Grant still has very good power.

he's still got what might be the hardest right hand in the sport
                personally i think wladimir hits better but it;s up for debate. grant can ****ing crack

you see him jello shot that oaf big sky?

just dumped him

perfect extension on a straight right hand from way the hell away

lacking fighter
                great punch.

i cant be the only bloke on this website who was wildly entertained by mitchell on saturday
                small guys just cant do that.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  He's never going to beat a Klitschko, mark my words. He gets hit way too easily. I'd like to see him in two-three more fights with guys like Michael Grant, Samuel Peter, Travis Walker, Kevin Johnson, etc. Than, after that, two fights with someone like Chis Arreola, Tomasz Adamek, Alexander Povetkin, Dereck Chisora, etc. Than, a fight with Wlad in Late 2013/Early 2014 where everyone has him hyped up and than he gets beaten down and exposed as an average ehhhhh fighter, who would have been a fringe contender in the 70's and the 90's.
                  I couldnt see him beating the Jimmy Ellis Ray Mercer type fighters so honestly in those eras he wouldnt even hang with the fringe.as for now he cant beat Chisora how is he ever going to beat a klit.

Comment

I like Chisora but there is a chance he could beat Chisora in a year or so if he can improve his defence you don't know what could happen. If he doesnt improve his defence he won't ever win a title though, but who really knows at this stage the one thing Mitchell has got and that is power.

Comment

Originally posted by davros2010 View Post
                      I like Chisora but there is a chance he could beat Chisora in a year or so if he can improve his defence you don't know what could happen. If he doesnt improve his defence he won't ever win a title though, but who really knows at this stage the one thing Mitchell has got and that is power.
                      He looks to have heart too. After taking a negating in the first round he didn't come out Ginsburg but went back on the attack. Love the body work he puts in for sun an inexperienced fighter to.

Comment

Working...
                      X