Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else feel like this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats up guys, just got back from my 11th bout. i lost on a majority decision, but i was lucky to even get that. i boxed like a twat and barely threw anything. got caught with stupid right hooks and left hands and just boxed terribly. he only had 4 bouts aswell.... after the bout i just sat by myself and cried for a good half hour. im sick of losing. im sick of giving up my social life, giving up my free time, giving up everything when im just losing all the time. all i do is train, its all i think about. im sick of seeing kids who barely train and do this as a hobby be better than me, im ****ing sick of it. i must sound like a moaning prick, but right now i just feel like ****.

Comment

What's your nutrition and training? Is your gym good, are the trainers good?
      You should start being more positive. Use losing as an incentive. Study boxing more and general health.

Comment

Don't know much advice to give but "You're F*ucked". I have asthma and it have been decided that all physical activities, hobbies and jobs are 99.5% impossible for me to perform.

You could always try becoming a "thinking" boxer instead of relying on brute force and rigorous training-patterns.

Comment

Originally posted by Richie-G View Post
          whats up guys, just got back from my 11th bout. i lost on a majority decision, but i was lucky to even get that. i boxed like a twat and barely threw anything. got caught with stupid right hooks and left hands and just boxed terribly. he only had 4 bouts aswell.... after the bout i just sat by myself and cried for a good half hour. im sick of losing. im sick of giving up my social life, giving up my free time, giving up everything when im just losing all the time. all i do is train, its all i think about. im sick of seeing kids who barely train and do this as a hobby be better than me, im ****ing sick of it. i must sound like a moaning prick, but right now i just feel like ****.
          You got another fight still to go yeah?

Stop beating up on yourself so much and do the job in hand. You've got a bout coming up concentrate on that.

So you didn't know this guy and you lost big deal. Whats important is always the next one and for it to be better than your last. Sounds to me like you're getting over-confident and then beating up on youself when it doesn't all slide into place.

Concentrate on the next fight, after thats over then consider your options. in the meantime do NOT let the results define your character or your temperament these results are simply points on a card on your boxing record. Even having a boxing record puts you in an excellent position.

You're a fighter. Guys like De La Hoya, Khan and Hamed all started boxing before their teens (and they all got ripped on). You won't have that level of intuition but you can still put your mind on the next fight and focus on that. Be a warrior. Be a fighter and look at your next fight as a show of strength.

Once thats over you can seriously consider your options. Theres a lot of things you can do but the best thing right now is to keep a clear head and focus on the game in hand.

Its a competitive sport and you're competing and hey, it was a split decision. Look on the bright side.
          Last edited by DET. IRONSIDE; 10-24-2010, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Richie-G View Post
            after reading that id say the best thing would be to take a break. you sound absolutely consumed by boxing and your perceived failures/inadequeacies in the sport. take time off boxing to get a level head. you say you think about it all the time - obviously far too much, especially when youll be thinking "im sick of losing. im sick of giving up my social life, giving up my free time, giving up everything when im just losing all the time. all i do is train, its all i think about. im sick of seeing kids who barely train and do this as a hobby be better than me, im ****ing sick of it."
            when you think all that kind of **** and force yourself into the gym its just going to become a self-fulfilling prophecy. when you force yourself into the gym youre already in a bad mood to box since you dont want to be there, the whole time youre boxing all of those negative thoughts will be going through your head so your performance wont be the greatest, and every time you force yourself to the gym this process will repeat and reinforce those beliefs you currently have about yourself.

Take a break. Chill out, enjoy life a bit. boxing doesnt have to be the be-all end-all. do all those things you think boxing is stopping you from doing. see if they really change your life or make it so much greater. then youll be able to look back at yourself and your performances more objectively.
            also, enjoy your time when you box. dont always be thinking "this guy better" or "this new kid who just started to box is better than me." just focus on yourself and learning and improving.
            Last edited by VIPrice; 05-23-2014, 11:53 PM.

Comment

this might help.

http://www.expertboxing.com/boxing-t...the-next-level

also keep in mind some are just late bloomers, so many guys get beat up day in and day out trhen one day something just clicks and they are able to put everything togheter.

Comment

You remind me of my mate at my gym. He's like 1-6 now.

Comment

Working...
                X