No announcement yet.

The Contender Muay Thai will be shown on channel Versus on 7/31/08

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Contender Muay Thai will be shown on channel Versus on 7/31/08

Finally, I've been waiting for this sh*eeet. To all you boxing fans, y'all will see some pretty d*mn good Muay Thai fighters, there's about two Muay Thai fighters who are pretty d*mn good. Unlike the watered down kickboxing we see on WCL, UFC, and K- Heavyweights on ESPN

I saw Muay Thai in person in Thailand. While I admire the conditioning and courage of the competitors, it doesn't compare with professional boxing. I like the MMA I've seen better, although to be honest they might have been a higher caliber of competition than what I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      I saw Muay Thai in person in Thailand. While I admire the conditioning and courage of the competitors, it doesn't compare with professional boxing. I like the MMA I've seen better, although to be honest they might have been a higher caliber of competition than what I saw.
      That's probably it. Check out Buakaw(he recently got ko'd, but he's a beast). Even more talented is Saenchai Sor Kingstar.

Comment

Originally posted by MASGAGOMEXI View Post
        Finally, I've been waiting for this sh*eeet. To all you boxing fans, y'all will see some pretty d*mn good Muay Thai fighters, there's about two Muay Thai fighters who are pretty d*mn good. Unlike the watered down kickboxing we see on WCL, UFC, and K- Heavyweights on ESPN
        Im looking forward to this myself. Boxing is my first love when it comes to combat sports, but I've been training in muay thai the last couple months and plan on competing. MMA is much tougher than I thought it was, but I can say this with 100% surety......as a former amateur boxer it was much easier for me to make the transition to MMA and Muay thai then it is for those guys to make the transition to boxing. I would imagine it would be even tougher at the higher levels. That said, those guys train like beasts!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          Hey Scott, where'd ya go? Lumpini? or Ratcha in bANGKOK?

What'd you think of all the betting that goes on. I like to describe it as a scene from the Deer Hunter when they are playing russian roulette.

At the tail end of Muay thai shows, they would show boxing matches sometimes but most of the fans would have cleared out cuz there was no betting action.

That's how Somsak and some of those guys got to be 56-3. Put him in at the end of a muay thai show and fight some bum so that maybe a few people would stay..

Comment

Its been proven that Muay Thai is the most complete form of fighting. I saw a special on the discovery channel about it.

Comment

Originally posted by deevel79 View Post
              Its been proven that Muay Thai is the most complete form of fighting. I saw a special on the discovery channel about it.
              When I lived in asia, a shemale was one of their best. I **** you not.
              ****er was like 50-3.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                Im looking forward to this myself. Boxing is my first love when it comes to combat sports, but I've been training in muay thai the last couple months and plan on competing. MMA is much tougher than I thought it was, but I can say this with 100% surety......as a former amateur boxer it was much easier for me to make the transition to MMA and Muay thai then it is for those guys to make the transition to boxing. I would imagine it would be even tougher at the higher levels. That said, those guys train like beasts!!
                Funny, I'm the opposite of you. Boxing came easy to me, Muay Thai or any art that involves kicking is hard for me and I also have some difficulty with the ground game.

But my passion goes in this order #1 Muay Thai #2 boxing #3 I hate wrestling or any grappling art(I respect it, but I just can't ever get used to having another dude on top of me for long periods)

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                  When I lived in asia, a shemale was one of their best. I **** you not.
                  ****er was like 50-3.

well he's still one of the best here in thailand... even though he's a she.
                  and also he had a movie title A BEAUTIFUL BOXER try to watch it..

Comment

I would have loved to watch this but my cable company doesn't provide Versus.

Comment

Working...
                    X