Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a completely unnecessarily vigorous celebration by Mr. Poland.

Comment

actually, Nelson looks like one of those randomly generated characters from Fight Night or something, hehe.

Nelson is an excellent Heavyweight prospect, but I think hes shot at this point. he, hehe, get it? shot? hehehe **** off

Soskipoli TKOed him in the 5th round. man, he looked impressive! especially considering the level of his opponent! this man is the best prospect in boxing!

recap of Hopkins and Calzaghe on now

Comment

Nelson been in jail for 10 years? Usually when you're in jail for that long you come out jacked in muscles...

Comment

Brian Kenny had Bernard Hopkins winning.

6-6 with BHop getting the 2 point round

Comment

Originally posted by MizzzouMan View Post
            Calzaghe got shot down a bit. Called him out on the 116-111. It was boring. Freddy Roach just said ENZO admitted it was a coin flip. Roy Jones calls it a draw, says look at Hops face ineffective punching. Calzaghe is delusional thinking he dominated that fight. Should just called it a f'ing draw.
            I was surprised by that, but then again, Roach also said that it was very close as well. I give them both credit for being honest.

In the end, two things are clear...Calzaghe was landing more punches, Hopkins was landing the more effective punches. People just have different ways of scoring, and at the end of the day, there is no 'true' way of scoring a fight...its not like it has a points system.
            So really, its one of those fights that could go either way, and the winner depends on how you score fights.

Roy Jones is a smart guy, knows his boxing. I liked when he did commentary too, he should do that again.

some other fellows are fighting now

Comment

oh wow, that wrestling fellow, schnider, just got knocked out pretty bad lol, nice job moore.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                oh wow, that wrestling fellow, schnider, just got knocked out pretty bad lol, nice job moore.
                Does Schneider not know how to ****ing tie up?

That was ridiculous.

It wasn't even that Moore was being particular elusive to a clinch, or strong enough to break it. Schneider just decided to walk forward like a mummy and never even get close to actually tieing him up.

That was painful to watch.

Comment

ahhha! this some pretty good stuff! Gotta love fighters like Feliciano, even if hes gettin his ass beat! good fight!

Comment

Working...
                  X