Oscar vs Cotto at 147 (Prime)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscar vs Cotto at 147 (Prime)?

Who u got?

Oscar don't pressure like Tony and he's not as large as him either. I think it's more of a fair fight for Cotto. Both are top notch boxers, elite. I think it would be a hell of a fight. Could Cotto stand up to Oscar's shots?

To get somewhat of a perspective of how the fight would go, you could go back to both of thier performances against Shane Mosley, considering Shane was at his prime against Oscar.
    Oscar's speed and power keep Cotto honest; Dec win for Goldie
    9.09%
    Oscar KO's him like he did Vargas
    54.55%
    Cotto outboxes Oscar, win by Dec, similar to the Mosley fight
    18.18%
    Cotto beats on Oscar with inside shots and movement; Late rd TKO win
    18.18%
    Last edited by El Chicano; 09-27-2008, 02:24 PM.

50/50 fight. either could win.

Comment

Hands down, Oscar. I think the old Oscar can beat Cotto, just imagine what the Prime one would do.

Comment

Damn Puas everyone you put against Cotto is too much. I don't want to insult Cotto but he wouldn't win against alot of PRIME WWs. I would like to list them but I don't want to sound like a hater.

Comment

Originally posted by Puas View Post
          Who u got?

Oscar don't pressure like Tony and he's not as large as him either. I think it's more of a fair fight for Cotto. Both are top notch boxers, elite. I think it would be a hell of a fight. Could Cotto stand up to Oscar's shots?

To get somewhat of how the fight would go, you could go back to both of thier performances against Shane Mosley, considering Shane was at his prime against Oscar.
          it's really hard to choose! but I got Cotto by a slight edge. He's more technical IMO.

Comment

Prime, motivated Oscar stops Cotto late.
            Cotto gets hit too easily, and Oscar has a great chin.
            In his prime he pessured far better and more effectivly than Tony was able to agaisnt Cotto.

Comment

oscar wins by UD, easily. what has Cotto done that would make someone believe that he is on Prime Oscar's level?

Comment

Working...
              X