Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mares-Moreno date changed to November 17th?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve Kim ‏@stevemaxboxing
    I'm hearing that the Mares-Moreno fight is moving off Oct 13th and could land eventually in Los Angeles #boxing

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      TMT should just push it back or forward a week, or something like that. I'm usually a fan of GBP, but this low balling of Chavez-Martinez and now TMT's card is just stupid.
      I don't think it's that easy man, they have to line up a venue for whatever date then they have to see if the network's budget/schedule allows it...

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        GBP seem to be the ones playing the games. First they picked the Sept 15th date then Oct 13th date same as Top Rank and now Nov 17th. They are using Espinoza and Showtime to play their little bull**** games. If GBP keep fkin around nobody is gonna wanna deal with them and they gonna be stuck doing inhouse fighting.
        And now TR has the December 1st date. Basically, TMT is getting caught in a shi!tstorm, they need to get whatever date with any legit network. GBP is throwing their weight around and TMT can't seem to catch a break because of it.

Comment

Two dates Im hearing for Mares-Moreno is Nov 10th and 17th. This is a little gem of a prizefight, it deserves the full spotlight #boxing
          Expand

Comment

Hopefully it ends up on November 10th. Serioulsy, if they wanted a November date, why not November 24th??? There is no boxing going that day so far.

Comment

I'm pretty sure they're picking the dates that are available for the networks, esp with SHO who are also probably working on their MMA schedule as well. everything has to lineup with he venue as well and other fighters for the undercards.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                And now TR has the December 1st date. Basically, TMT is getting caught in a shi!tstorm, they need to get whatever date with any legit network. GBP is throwing their weight around and TMT can't seem to catch a break because of it.
                You know what, screw them. In the end they're the ones picking dates other people have already picked (except Dec. 1st) and the ones who are gonna look bad. They are hurting the game and screwing the fans from watching these fights live.
                Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                Two dates Im hearing for Mares-Moreno is Nov 10th and 17th. This is a little gem of a prizefight, it deserves the full spotlight #boxing
                Expand
                If they have Nov 10th option and they pick the 17th... fk 'em. But then again that means TMT also has the Nov 10th option?

Comment

Why can't they just have cards on consecutive weekends? Don't force us to choose. I know Dempsey made a solid argument for all this competition, but it really isn't necessary.

Comment

Would you rather them battle for TV dates by bringing the best fights to the networks, or having all promoters in cahoots and agreeing to continue the status quo of putting on mismatches on convenient dates for everyone? Competition is what drives ppl to do their best right, let the people decide what they want to watch if two good fights are happening on the same night

Comment

I wouldn't miss a Gamboa/Dirrell card to watch Mares vs The Boxingscene fake ass top 10 P4P fighter. The only reason Canelo-Lopez will get more viewers than Martinez-Chavez is because 1. It's free, and 2. it has a better undercard. But this one, they'll fail hard, not that many people will miss Gamboa/Dirrell comeback fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X