Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's resume is better at 147lbs? Mayweather or Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a toss up.

Overall in all divisions, Floyd is the greater fighter, but Manny obviously got the better resume.
    The fact that the op made a 'who's is better at 147' instead of 'overall resume' thread means he knows it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      JMM coming up two weight divisions and Floyd didn't fulfill the catchweight, Mitchell sucks, Zab coming off a loss, Hatton a 140 pounder, Mosley inactive for over 14+ months, Baldomir one of the worst Ring belt champs ever, Ortiz is a mental midget.

See it can go both ways. Just whatever you want to believe.
      Hatton won a title at 147 tho.....and didn't jmm move up 2 divisions to fight PAC last year?

Comment

Originally posted by UnicornGirl View Post
        It's a toss up.

Overall in all divisions, Floyd is the greater fighter, but Manny obviously got the better resume.
        The fact that the op made a 'who's is better at 147' instead of 'overall resume' thread means he knows it as well.
        Because PAC fought the same 3 fighters 7 times before he got to 147 his resume is greater?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          JMM coming up two weight divisions and Floyd didn't fulfill the catchweight, Mitchell sucks, Zab coming off a loss, Hatton a 140 pounder, Mosley inactive for over 14+ months, Baldomir one of the worst Ring belt champs ever, Ortiz is a mental midget.

See it can go both ways. Just whatever you want to believe.
          I'm obviously a huge Floyd fan, and I never liked Pac, but this is a good post.

That being said, Floyd's resume is better. The version of Mosley he faced was still better than Pac's, and Hatton and Zab are much better than old Oscar and Clottey. However, what seals it for me is that Pac took a L to Marquez (AFTER he fought Floyd), while Floyd beat all of his opponents decisively.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
            Because PAC fought the same 3 fighters 7 times before he got to 147 his resume is greater?
            Ok. Floyd's is greater. Lol. I'm easily convinced on a boxing site. I could care less.

Floyd ranked ahead of Pacquaio or the other way around does not effect my life in any way whatsoever. I just find it funny it affects the lives of people like you.

(and it does, I can tell just by a few posts of yours)

Comment

prime cotto and prime clottey are better than anyone on floyd's ww resume. clottey beat judah, got robbed against baldomir, and had razor close fights against margarito/cotto who were the top 2 guys. saying clottey was coming off a loss is disingenuous. he was coming off a controversial loss to a top welterweight. this isn't similar to zab judah coming off a loss to a journeyman. and we all know cotto has a great ww resume. pac fought 2 well established proven ww's.

then look at floyd's guys. baldomir 1 win wonder, ortiz 1 win wonder, judah after losing to a journeyman, mosley seemed good at the time but we found out he was completely shot during and after the fight. No truly well established guys were fought by floyd. where are the guys that fought 3 or 4 top welters? i don't see any besides mosley(pac beat him) and judah(lost badly every time except against spinks)

Comment

Hatton won a title at 147 tho.....and didn't jmm move up 2 divisions to fight PAC last year?
                A title that he didn't deserve. I'm a Hatton fan and he lost to Collazo. That was boxing politics to make the megafight.

He did but as you could see Mayweather has been at WW since 05/06 unlike Pac till 2009. Top it off they didn't even hit the max weight of 147. Marquez even said he went up in weight more carefully than what he did with Mayweather.

Comment

When Floyd fought Baldomir wasn't Cotto still at 140?

Shane was shot? He was coming off a destruction of margarito and was ranked #1 at ww and #3 p4p
                  Shane was coming off a 16 month layoff at 38 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by tito yuca View Post
                    I'm obviously a huge Floyd fan, and I never liked Pac, but this is a good post.

That being said, Floyd's resume is better. The version of Mosley he faced was still better than Pac's, and Hatton and Zab are much better than old Oscar and Clottey. However, what seals it for me is that Pac took a L to Marquez (AFTER he fought Floyd), while Floyd beat all of his opponents decisively.
                    zab's better than clottey? zab lost to baldomir. clottey got robbed against baldomir. zab got ko'd against cotto. clottey lost a very controversial split decision to cotto. oh yeah and clottey beat judah.

Comment

and didnt hatton go life and death against luis collazo to win that title

Comment

Working...
                      X