Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do pac's opponent get credit for blockin/evading his punches??!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Kind of like when an opponent gets Floyd on the ropes or lands some jabs and a few body punches, people go ape s**t.

Or when Floyd out lands his opponent all round, but his opponent gets him on the ropes once or twice in the round and land 2-3 good punches, and bias fans say he lost the round???
    I completely agree.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
      arnt fighters suppose to get credit for defense???lol
      Oh yea I bet you were one of many who gave tim credit for beating the crap out of pac's gloves with " keep away jabs ".

Of course fighters should be given credit defense..... If they comeback with something - A Counter!!
      Last edited by johncods; 06-23-2012, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        That's not true. That fight was damn near even going into the 9th round. Fact is Floyd fans did the same thing Pacman fans are doing. Screaming blowout robbery in 2 competitive fights. Cotto got absolutely no credit for anything he did. He'' some commentators even said Floyd let Cotto bloody his nose. Same thing, different fighter.
        I have to disagree. Floyd took the first 4 rounds clearly, and the 5th was competitive with Cotto trapping Floyd on the ropes, but Cotto got too much credit for simply just having Floyd on the ropes. Floyd out fought Cotto the 5th and clearly landed the cleaner and more telling punches that round. The 6th round was a clear Cotto round, as the 7th was a clear Floyd round, where as the 8th was again a Cotto round. That fight was 6-2 going into the 9th. You could possibly give Cotto the 9th, it was a really close round where both had their moments. And Floyd took the last 3 rounds clearly. 118-110/117-111 Floyd.

If anything the announcers made that fight seem closer than it was. Remember Jim Lampley saying Floyd had lost 4 rounds in a row and that the fight could be up int he air going into the last round, that was pure bull s**t. Cotto won 2-3 rounds, 4 at the very most.

Bradley won 2-3 rounds, 4 at the most as well. But that fight looked different because Pac faded late in the fight, and let Bradley back in the fight sort of, amking it closer than it should have been. Bradley took round 1, and round 2 was pretty competitive but Pac landed the cleaner and effective punches. Pac took rounds 3-8, though the 7th was closer than HBO or Pac fans are making it out to be, especially rewatching it. The 9th was close,c ould have gone either way, both had their moments. Round 10 was clearly Bradley, round 11 was close and again cold have gone either way, and round 12 was Bradley to me. 117-111 Pac is what I had it. Could see 118-110 if you gave every close round to Pac or 116-112 if you gave every close round to Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by fabie View Post
          as a martial arts fan and practitioner, evading and defense is beautiful. But in all due respects, in boxing - there's no points or credits for it. It is only for the serious boxing fan and afficionado not only to appreciate it but hold it as the highest standard of "fighting" - not getting hit.

Boxing as a sport has become an "offensive" sport only.
          did you just say you get 0 points for defense???really???

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
            Oh yea I bet you were one of many who gave tim credit for beating the crap out of pac's gloves with " keep away jabs ".

Of course fighters should be given credit defense..... If they comeback with something - A Counter!!
            and manny was doing what???nothing did ya'll say that manny would beat floyd by "workrate"but now that manny gets outworked it isnt good enough??lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
              and manny was doing what???nothing did ya'll say that manny would beat floyd by "workrate"but now that manny gets outworked it isnt good enough??lmfao
              landing the cleaner and harder shots. LOL

Comment

Manny did nothing for 2 minutes of most rounds and most of the shots you think were landing were not............hence bradley had a clear face after the fight

Comment

You being serious?

Manny landed all but 1 effective punch on a one legged Bradley.

You all cry about how Bradley didn't land much but it was the same for Pac.

Comment

p@ctards before bradley fight "manny will beat floyd with workrate"

after bradley fight "workrate doesnt win fights"

lol

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      I have to disagree. Floyd took the first 4 rounds clearly, and the 5th was competitive with Cotto trapping Floyd on the ropes, but Cotto got too much credit for simply just having Floyd on the ropes. Floyd out fought Cotto the 5th and clearly landed the cleaner and more telling punches that round. The 6th round was a clear Cotto round, as the 7th was a clear Floyd round, where as the 8th was again a Cotto round. That fight was 6-2 going into the 9th. You could possibly give Cotto the 9th, it was a really close round where both had their moments. And Floyd took the last 3 rounds clearly. 118-110/117-111 Floyd.

If anything the announcers made that fight seem closer than it was. Remember Jim Lampley saying Floyd had lost 4 rounds in a row and that the fight could be up int he air going into the last round, that was pure bull s**t. Cotto won 2-3 rounds, 4 at the very most.

Bradley won 2-3 rounds, 4 at the most as well. But that fight looked different because Pac faded late in the fight, and let Bradley back in the fight sort of, amking it closer than it should have been. Bradley took round 1, and round 2 was pretty competitive but Pac landed the cleaner and effective punches. Pac took rounds 3-8, though the 7th was closer than HBO or Pac fans are making it out to be, especially rewatching it. The 9th was close,c ould have gone either way, both had their moments. Round 10 was clearly Bradley, round 11 was close and again cold have gone either way, and round 12 was Bradley to me. 117-111 Pac is what I had it. Could see 118-110 if you gave every close round to Pac or 116-112 if you gave every close round to Bradley.
                      I'm not gonna argue by how much Floyd & Pacman won by. I do believe they both won close competitive fights. I just see Floyd fans & Pacman fans doing identical things. Both fanbases act like their man dominated the fights, which in my opinion they did not.

Comment

Working...
                      X