Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's win would be better for Boxing, Mayweather or Ortiz? Official Poll!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Ortiz, easily. Lets be honest here, Floyd has been a part time fighter for years now. Ortiz is just getting warmed up. Floyd passing the torch to Ortiz is the best thing that could happen. Now instead of hearing Floyd-Manny, we're gonna hear, you know what, these young, talented fighters can compete with Floyd & Manny, so Pacman stop fighting old shot fighters & pick a young, strong guy & fight him. Floyd did, we're tired of seeing you bet 40 year olds & cheaters.
    Nah, I'd rather he pass it to Bradley, someone who actually faced adversity well, knows how to take control of the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
      But to also go along with the idea that he is likely to crack.. He holds his belt a little too close and compensates a lot when he talks. To me he is building himself up a lot and it suggests a lot of insecurity as supposed to natural genuine confidence.. If this is the case and Mayweather is able to undress that by boxing his ears off, he's going to look very uneasy late in the fight.
      Really hoping he doesn't quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
        Nah, I'd rather he pass it to Bradley, someone who actually faced adversity well, knows how to take control of the situation.
        IMO Ortiz did that very well against Berto. He was hurt in the 6th worse than he ever had in his career,IMO.

Comment

Really hoping he doesn't quit.
          I'll be really happy if no wierd sh** happens in this fight. This entire summer has been plagued with bizarre officiating, early stoppages(some of them legit) and other shennanigans. If there were to be some sort of wierd mid round stoppage on cuts.. A lot of ppl are going to be irked at boxing. I'm a little late with this question, but who's refereeing this?

Comment

IMO Ortiz did that very well against Berto. He was hurt in the 6th worse than he ever had in his career,IMO.
            This is true, but he had Berto in front of him. Who is extremely explosive, strong and fast... But only fights in very occasional spurts. It's a bit easier to hold the ship together when a guy spends entire rounds or half rounds laying on the ropes trying to catch his breath. With that said, Ortiz did a great job persevering in the Berto fight. I don't know he'd have been as fortunate if Berto had the endurance to push him for all 12 or at least 9/10 rounds.

Comment

This is true, but he had Berto in front of him. Who is extremely explosive, strong and fast... But only fights in very occasional spurts. It's a bit easier to hold the ship together when a guy spends entire rounds or half rounds laying on the ropes trying to catch his breath. With that said, Ortiz did a great job persevering in the Berto fight. I don't know he'd have been as fortunate if Berto had the endurance to push him for all 12 or at least 9/10 rounds.
              Another thing, Ortiz threw twice as much at welterweight in his 1st appearance than he did in his last 6 fights at 140. That's a vast improvment in stamina bro. I'm sure he'll be a much better welterweight than jr welter, that says a lot because he was really good at 140.

Comment

I'm nervous about the torch being passed to Ortiz, b/c I don't think he's very impossible to beat. I'm nervous about passing it to Khan b/c on the highest level, someone will find his chin and it will eventually fail him. I'm affraid to pass it to Bradley because of his penchant for headbutting is resulting in a lot of question marks and premature stoppages. It's not all Bradley's fault as his opponents are also contributing to head clashes, but he needs to break that trend soon.

I think in a mini tourney between the above 3, Bradley is the best overall fighter.

Comment

I'll be really happy if no wierd sh** happens in this fight. This entire summer has been plagued with bizarre officiating, early stoppages(some of them legit) and other shennanigans. If there were to be some sort of wierd mid round stoppage on cuts.. A lot of ppl are going to be irked at boxing. I'm a little late with this question, but who's refereeing this?
                  Joe Cortez

Comment

Another thing, Ortiz threw twice as much at welterweight in his 1st appearance than he did in his last 6 fights at 140. That's a vast improvment in stamina bro. I'm sure he'll be a much better welterweight than jr welter, that says a lot because he was really good at 140.
                    That is a really good point, and I think it stands to make the Mayweather fight a lot more interesting. Really looking forward to seeing a little more of Ortiz at welterweight. Although even if he can throw more punches, his habit of squaring up and his lacking jab make me reluctant to hand him the torch. Who knows though, I think it's difficult for anyone to say with certainty just yet. Considering he really just started his welter weight campain, I think we need to see more of him and his continued development.

Comment

I'm nervous about the torch being passed to Ortiz, b/c I don't think he's very impossible to beat. I'm nervous about passing it to Khan b/c on the highest level, someone will find his chin and it will eventually fail him. I'm affraid to pass it to Bradley because of his penchant for headbutting is resulting in a lot of question marks and premature stoppages. It's not all Bradley's fault as his opponents are also contributing to head clashes, but he needs to break that trend soon.

I think in a mini tourney between the above 3, Bradley is the best overall fighter.
                      No doubt, clearly the more versatile of the 3.

Comment

Working...
                      X