Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lots of potentially fun fights at middleweight. None of them involve Golovkin.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of potentially fun fights at middleweight. None of them involve Golovkin.

Quillin
    Murray
    Geale
    Macklin
    Sturm
    N'Dam
    Lee
    Korobov
    Jacobs
    Mora
    Stevens
    Lemieux
    Truax
    Proksa (He's coming back!)

I don't think the odds for any combination (that hasn't happened already) is greater than 2 to 1. The contenders and fringe contenders are not that much better than each other. If the only reason HBO is willing to show any other middleweight is for them to become a Golovkin victims, they're doing a great disservice to the sport. Put them in undercards somewhere.
    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 10-25-2014, 07:50 PM.

Don't forget Canelo and Cotto. I'm sure if they fight Canelo will win and GGG is mandatory to that WBC belt, Canelo will be man enough to defend MW crown with honor. Canelo vs GGG will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
      Don't forget Canelo and Cotto. I'm sure if they fight Canelo will win and GGG is mandatory to that WBC belt, Canelo will be man enough to defend MW crown with honor. Canelo vs GGG will happen.
      No No. The cashcows need to go away. Fuck them. None of the good fights involve them either. They'll stop these fights from happening because everyone will fight crap opposition until they get a shot at them. Golovkin also needs to move up or down and leave these poor B middleweights alone. He's wrecking the division. He could knock out the nondescript jr middleweighs or super middleweights just the same. If Canelo and Golovkin want to fight each other, fine. But leave the other guys alone. Canelo could move back down after he gets knocked out, and Golovkin could move up after he gets his money fight.

I also didn't mention Solimon and Taylor because fuck them too
      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 10-25-2014, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Sturm is going to 168

What about Tureano Johnson and Avtandil Khurtsidze

I'd like to see Macklin/Geale still

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
          Sturm is going to 168

What about Tureano Johnson and Avtandil Khurtsidze

I'd like to see Macklin/Geale still
          I actually meant to say Tureano Johnson. I got him confused with Truax. I get my fringe contenders mixed up sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            I actually meant to say Tureano Johnson. I got him confused with Truax. I get my fringe contenders mixed up sometimes.
            I could see Main Events entertaining Stevens/Johnson II after all what else is there, build him up for another title they don't have NBCsports anymore.

ESPN should be interested for a FNF slot

Comment

No No. The cashcows need to go away. Fuck them. None of the good fights involve them either. They'll stop these fights from happening because everyone will fight crap opposition until they get a shot at them. Golovkin also needs to move up or down and leave these poor B middleweights alone. He's wrecking the division. He could knock out the nondescript jr middleweighs or super middleweights just the same. If Canelo and Golovkin want to fight each other, fine. But leave the other guys alone. Canelo could move back down after he gets knocked out, and Golovkin could move up after he gets his money fight.

To be fair, it was hardly on fire in terms of everyone fighting each other before he came along. For years the Brit MWs never fought each other and Sturm fought some mediocre opposition over the years.

Comment

MW division sucks. Move on.

Comment

Not sure why you wouldn't want to include Canelo, he's a young guy, his last two fights were over 154 and I believe he's going to be campaigning at MW in the near future, especially if he beats Cotto for the lineal MW crown.

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
                    I could see Main Events entertaining Stevens/Johnson II after all what else is there, build him up for another title they don't have NBCsports anymore.

ESPN should be interested for a FNF slot
                    Don't think they make that again. Stevens was getting outworked seriously and that stoppage happened at a good time.

Comment

Working...
                    X