Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, So There's Weed, Booze, Glue, Crystal Meth, Acid ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Deadlier and dealier? How many people die from malfunctions a year?
    Form Wikipedia ...

"According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission:[11]
    There were more than 15,000 amusement ride-related injuries in 2005 in the U.S."

"From 1987 to 2000, there were an estimated 4.5 amusement ride-related deaths per year. There were 3 deaths in 2003, 2 deaths in 2002, and 3 deaths in 2001."

Selling the potential for death is big business.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
      I stood inside Disney so it was all included in the package but in Islands of adventure and universal studios they call it express pass and it was around 50 something dollars each person
      Pay more to wait less. It's always a gottdamn hustle.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
        Pay more to wait less. It's always a gottdamn hustle.

You save on getting frustrated in line and having that Florida sun cook you alive

those are good enough savings for me lol

Comment

You save on getting frustrated in line and having that Florida sun cook you alive

those are good enough savings for me lol

Damn straight. Though, even a 15 minute wait under that peak Florida heat is a muthaf'er. I usually carry a spray bottle full of water to cool off with, but it's only temporary relief. The sun boils the water within minutes. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
            Form Wikipedia ...

"According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission:[11]
            There were more than 15,000 amusement ride-related injuries in 2005 in the U.S."

"From 1987 to 2000, there were an estimated 4.5 amusement ride-related deaths per year. There were 3 deaths in 2003, 2 deaths in 2002, and 3 deaths in 2001."

Selling the potential for death is big business.

So how exactly are they getting "deadlier and deadlier'', when your stats show the opposite?

Also, ''According to the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA), a trade association for permanent amusement park facilities, 300 million people visit amusement parks each year''.

And an average of 3-4 die per year? Meanwhile in that same time period (1987-2000) there were less then 300 mil people in the US and about 45,000 died in car accidents per year.

The fear of dying on a rollercoaster is completely irrational

Comment

That 'Drop of Doom’ ride looks insane. The wait in line would bother me more than the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                So how exactly are they getting "deadlier and deadlier'', when your stats show the opposite?

Also, ''According to the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA), a trade association for permanent amusement park facilities, 300 million people visit amusement parks each year''.

And an average of 3-4 die per year? Meanwhile in that same time period (1987-2000) there were less then 300 mil people in the US and about 45,000 died in car accidents per year.

The fear of dying on a rollercoaster is completely irrational

I was being sarcastic with that remark. Notwithstanding, I suppose they have a set limit on park related deaths before they shut the whole thing down for good.

Comment

I heard about this on the radio yesterday, I love me all types of roller coasters and thrill rides

I always ride in the front even if I have to wait longer

Can't wait for this one!

I'm in

I hate the Ferris wheel doe, wouldn't get on one even if they paid me...true story
                  do you need to reserve two seats for the roller coasters like you do on a plane?

Comment

Originally posted by lovetopunch View Post
                    do you need to reserve two seats for the roller coasters like you do on a plane?
                    Yeah modafocka!

I have to pay adult ticket plus a child ticket just to get in

and the staff has to press down while I hold my breath so the seat belt could lock

I hope you choke on your boyfriend's pubic hairs!

Comment

Working...
                    X