Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playstation 4 News

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are computers. You mean look more like a traditional PC desktop? I'm sure both will be just a box, nothing to fancy. Doesn't matter what they look like to me as long as I can put it under my TV somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      As far as the "share" button, game capturing and recording is very popular now days, it's huge for the fighting game community and other sports games in general. Also having the ability to watch people play games is important, again specifically for fighting games.
      I fully understand that a certain portion of fighting/FPS game fans like to record and upload their best runs and whatnot to the internet. But it's already incredibly easy to do so as is, as evidence by the (literally) thousands of videos of people playing popular games on sites like youtube.

All a 'share' button is going to do is open up the flood gates on videogame related recordings being uploaded to the internet.

Example : Take a game like 'Black Ops 2' which, as you know, is super popular in the world of recording perfect plays. Now let's say you're a competitive player who plays in tourneys and looks for videos on youtube to improve your game - Youtube is already overloaded with thousands upon thousands of ****ty videos recorded by ****ty players of ****ty runs that are basically worthless that you have to weed out while trying to find a video that can be of use to you.

All a 'share' button is going to do is quadruple the amount of ****ty videos you have to weed out while trying to find something you can learn from. Because now, instead of having to have a bit of tech know-how to record and edit your stuff into a neat little package for potential viewers, every 10 year old on the planet will be able to record and upload their (unedited) gaming sessions with nothing more than the press of a button.

See what I'm saying?

Comment

any pics of the ps4 yet?

Comment

No pics yet.

Unless there's a leak before June, we'll probably have to wait 'till the E3.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            I fully understand that a certain portion of fighting/FPS game fans like to record and upload their best runs and whatnot to the internet. But it's already incredibly easy to do so as is, as evidence by the (literally) thousands of videos of people playing popular games on sites like youtube.

All a 'share' button is going to do is open up the flood gates on videogame related recordings being uploaded to the internet.

Example : Take a game like 'Black Ops 2' which, as you know, is super popular in the world of recording perfect plays. Now let's say you're a competitive player who plays in tourneys and looks for videos on youtube to improve your game - Youtube is already overloaded with thousands upon thousands of ****ty videos recorded by ****ty players of ****ty runs that are basically worthless that you have to weed out while trying to find a video that can be of use to you.

All a 'share' button is going to do is quadruple the amount of ****ty videos you have to weed out while trying to find something you can learn from. Because now, instead of having to have a bit of tech know-how to record and edit your stuff into a neat little package for potential viewers, every 10 year old on the planet will be able to record and upload their (unedited) gaming sessions with nothing more than the press of a button.

See what I'm saying?
            haha, yeah I get your point but that's youtube in general for you about anything. You have to weed through the crap to find what you're looking for most of the time.

And I wouldn't say it's easy to record gaming as it is now, or it's not very convenient. I've never done it besides a couple games that have the ability built in to upload a small clip such as Fight Night or Madden, and even then it went to some online EA account I had to create.

I don't really care about the share button, it's something I doubt I'll hardly use unless something epic occurs in a game, but I'd say it's cool that it's at least there and presumably easy to use.

Comment

Ign has said that if the ps4 doesn't pull the same sorts of numbers as ps1 and 2, Sony will likely quit the video games console market, ps3 is considered a financial failure

Comment

Images have released of the menu for the PS4.

Looks a lot like the Xbox setup.

http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/new...-pictures.html

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
                  Images have released of the menu for the PS4.

Looks a lot like the Xbox setup.

http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/new...-pictures.html
                  Lmao

if those are real microsoft should sue the bastards

Comment

Looked at some of the game videos they have on Amazon today. Not impressed at all, I think i'll just keep rocking with the PS3

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                      Lmao

if those are real microsoft should sue the bastards
                      They're both using Windows 8, I think.

TIs a little funny though

Comment

Working...
                      X