No announcement yet.

Defensive Boxing Is Useless In Real Life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steak View Post
    Ive already laid out someone from that close grabbing range, so, I will disagree with your theory that you cant get leverage at that range.

and its much more beneficial to grab behind the neck if you want to hold and hit, not the shirt.
    It's better to grab the shirt as it refrains even more movement. You grab the shirt part close the the neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
      You guys want a good example of dirty boxing vs polished boxing?

Pull up Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfor 1.

Vitor was the best boxer in the early UFC's. he was on the Brazilian National boxing team. His team mate(nog) won the brazilian boxing championships.

Vitor was blowing through everybody with his straight quick combination punching until he ran into an old army vet.

What Randy did was he would grab the back of Vitor's neck while he unloaded bombs with his right repeitively.

Vitor was totally baffled as this tactic is illegal in boxing. Randy grabbing Vitor's head negated his Vitor's right hand and also his leverage and the control of distancing. Randy controlled Vitor and lead him wherever he wanted with that hand and outstruck him despite having 0 KO power.

Vitor was the opposite of a defensive boxer. He was a guns blazing type of striker. He's a pretty ****ty boxer tbh. Throwing punches doesn't make you a boxer. If Randy's style is so effective against conventional boxing why did he submit James Toney. Why did he openly say he had no intentions of boxing him? You're a ****ing moron and this thread will be bumped for days to laugh at your stupidity. Lol @ you knocking out Floyd Mayweather.

Last edited by Gordon Gekko; 11-18-2011, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
        How do you shoulder roll from this???

Try that with Pacquiao though and the bullets will just bounce off

Comment

you would get a 3 piece combo that would send your toupe flying through the hair.

the first punch lays you out. The next 2 is me styling over your unconscious body. Tyson Marvis style.
          Except you're like 5'7 and weak not mike tyson

I'm basically the white gerald mcclellan. 6'0 160, built like a wedge. Made to punch. When my right hook lands bad things happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
            Vitor was the opposite of a defensive boxer. He was a guns blazing type of striker. He's a pretty ****ty boxer tbh. Throwing punches doesn't make you a boxer. If Randy's style is so effective against conventional boxing why did he submit James Toney. Why did he openly say he had no intentions of boxing him? You're a ****ing moron and this thread will be bumped for days to laugh at you're stupidity. Lol @ you knocking out Floyd Mayweather.

vitor is a better boxing than randy and professionally trained. randy was a crude wrestler with 0 fast twitch muslces and still outstruck vitor.

What I'm saying is.. the hold whether head or neck DOES WORK. against a shoulder roller you grab the shirt.

they can't grab shirts in the UFC.

Comment

rasclott you are a ******!

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                How do you shoulder roll from this???

OMFG i just got the image in my head of Floyd Shoulder rolling a bullet, hahah

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
                  Except you're like 5'7 and weak not mike tyson

I'm basically the white gerald mcclellan. 6'0 160, built like a wedge. Made to punch. When my right hook lands bad things happen.
                  LMAO @ this skinny twat.

I'm 6'1, 220 lbs of crude diesel.

I would walk through all your best shots and make you my girlfriend.

Comment

LMAO @ this skinny twat.

I'm 6'1, 220 lbs of crude diesel.

I would walk through all your best shots and make you my girlfriend.
                    Damn Forza, you've pulled.

Comment

Thanks for the advice......

Comment

Working...
                      X