No announcement yet.

Don't say I never hooked you up :)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
    Well...I didn't start him out..he had a trainer since he was a kid...after he turned pro, though, I took over and basically -if I do say so myself- I worked very hard and well on his JAB, his BODYSHOTS and his right hook...they were my main contributions, especially his jab. Gary Shaw stepped in, though, and stole him away from his then-promoter and that was all she wrote...he relocated Chad's training to Florida...
    That's cool. You did well, his jab is great and he mixes his punches great especially the body shots. I have no idea how I never heard of you until recently, with all the fights you had in CT. Maybe I was just too young.

Comment

Yea, man, when I was in the Olympic Trials you were about 2! LOL

Comment

Yea, man, when I was in the Olympic Trials you were about 2! LOL
        That's funny. Hey man it's been great talking with you, you're a good guy. Small world! I'll see you around.

Comment

The original list I posted here on page 1 lists some awesome victories by Felix Savon over some top names...and it still doesnt scratch the surface of the level of guys he beat during his career...he stopped Tua, Golota, Briggs, etc etc etc

Comment

simply awesome....thank you very much

Comment

Thanks ICE. this is awesome

Comment

Well...I didn't start him out..he had a trainer since he was a kid...after he turned pro, though, I took over and basically -if I do say so myself- I worked very hard and well on his JAB, his BODYSHOTS and his right hook...they were my main contributions, especially his jab. Gary Shaw stepped in, though, and stole him away from his then-promoter and that was all she wrote...he relocated Chad's training to Florida...
                How did Gary Shaw "steal" Chad from you? That sounds pretty awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Gift Of Gab View Post
                  How did Gary Shaw "steal" Chad from you? That sounds pretty awful.
                  After Chad's fight with Efrain Garcia he was set to fight James Obed for the WBC International title at Madison Square Garden in July of 2005. Everything was going very well between us, we had a great talk the day after the fight about what he did well, how he felt about his progression, etc. He was under contract to CES Promotions...then one day I get a call from him where he tells me he had just signed with Shaw.

I knew nothing about this, it was a total surprise to me...now I dont know the details of why he left, etc etc....but I do know that he was under contract and SHAW should have went about this much differently...it was a total blindside...it would be like me trying to talk to your girl and convince her to leave you while she is still with you... maybe u are no good, who knows but the fact is that I should respect the fact that she is yours and not mine...but that is the way business is run...Chad wanted me to still train him, I woul dhave liked to of course...but it would have been a situation where I woul dhave had to drastically alter my day to day life in order to do that..and - nothing against Chad- but I wasnt ready to do that...and his manager and promoter had him down in St. Petersburgh within just a few days of that conversation.

Comment

After Chad's fight with Efrain Garcia he was set to fight James Obed for the WBC International title at Madison Square Garden in July of 2005. Everything was going very well between us, we had a great talk the day after the fight about what he did well, how he felt about his progression, etc. He was under contract to CES Promotions...then one day I get a call from him where he tells me he had just signed with Shaw.

I knew nothing about this, it was a total surprise to me...now I dont know the details of why he left, etc etc....but I do know that he was under contract and SHAW should have went about this much differently...it was a total blindside...it would be like me trying to talk to your girl and convince her to leave you while she is still with you... maybe u are no good, who knows but the fact is that I should respect the fact that she is yours and not mine...but that is the way business is run...Chad wanted me to still train him, I woul dhave liked to of course...but it would have been a situation where I woul dhave had to drastically alter my day to day life in order to do that..and - nothing against Chad- but I wasnt ready to do that...and his manager and promoter had him down in St. Petersburgh within just a few days of that conversation.
                    Sup Iceman! You have a quote in your sig that stands out to me! I am currently in the process of becoming a surgeon(7yrs to go) but my whole life will not revolve around medicine. I look to do other things and being in the business of boxing is one of my goals. I live in texas for now and I wanted to know if you could give me input as to what/where I could start to explore these ambitions but by doing it the right way. My 1st live fight I attended was Taylor vs Spinks in Memphis, the crowd wasn't huge but everybody that was there had a great time, similar to any other sporting event. That experience is something I want to be apart of! I'm just clueless as to where or how to begin that educational process.

Comment

The original list I posted here on page 1 lists some awesome victories by Felix Savon over some top names...and it still doesnt scratch the surface of the level of guys he beat during his career...he stopped Tua, Golota, Briggs, etc etc etc
                      ** Damn Ice, I started stumbling across Savon clips a couple of years ago. Man is a first ballot IBHOFer with those credentials as far as I'm concerned.

So much pro potential lost, but IBHOF ain't even fit to induct Little Red Lopez, so nobody should really care about those clowns. Savon's election would definitely put a buzz into Cuba and provide a larger bridge of dialogue between Cuba and the US, but we know it ain't gonna happen.

Anyways, we know youDa Man with all da connections, so we all waiting on those clips of Ali taking on that motorcycle gang on the banks of the Ohio River in Louisville after winning his gold medal. You know, after they chased him down from that diner with him on that little scooter of his.

We know you can deliver the KO clip of the century, so we're all locked and ready to be loaded!

Oh, remember Boozo? Here's his national flag, and you know he's watching and waiting too, so do it for the boozer......

Comment

Working...
                      X