No announcement yet.

Is Mayweather Really a "Runner?"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Mayweather Really a "Runner?"

When I think of runners, I think of Cory Spinks or DLH in the second half of the Trinidad fight. Mayweather uses the ring, but he doesn't run. There's a difference...

I'm still trying to figure out when he supposedly "ran" in the DLH fight. In rounds 1,5,7,9,10 and 12 he stood right in fron of DLH and even backed him up.

Comment

hell no unless he runs right in front of your face

Comment

no hes a boxer

Comment

Originally posted by Double View Post
          I'm still trying to figure out when he supposedly "ran" in the DLH fight. In rounds 1,5,7,9,10 and 12 he stood right in fron of DLH and even backed him up.
          the problem is even when he would do that to oscar for a few seconds, he doesnt have the killer instinct, no followup. once oscar tries to comes back, he 'runs' right away. yes it is a game of hit and not be hit, but damn, he looks like a ***** out there afraid of getting tagged never really mixes it up once in a while.

Comment

Mayweather does run sometimes. As someone said there is a difference between using the ring and running, and mayweather has done both throughout his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Double View Post
              Damn playa...this is just what I was thinking...good k

Comment

There were more than a couple times when Floyd came forward and landed some good shots. I agree he used the ring to his advantage. And who would have thought that the smaller, faster guy is going to stand right in front of Oscar? I mean the fight went about the only logical way it could have.
                I get tired of hearing people say Oscar pushed the fight. I didn't see it that way. It must be effective aggressiveness. I didn't see where Oscar was effective charging right in. Most of his shots were blocked or missed. He only landed, literally a hand full of clean shots.

Comment

Runner maybe not but he surely does not innitiate and sustain any kind of contact very often........He boxes cirlcles around people and it is effective but it gets old with all the talking he does about beating people down.Floyd you have'nt beat anyone down since Gatti and thats just because he stood right in front of you......why don't you start hyping your fights by saying I am going to beat him to the punch.......because thats true.

Comment

Its the casual fan you ought to be asking. Not the ones who post on internet boxing discussion forums.

We should be smart enough to know that he's using his technical advantage and his foot-skills to stay out of trouble.

Comment

Working...
                    X