Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Muhammad Ali's most underrated feature?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Muhammad Ali's most underrated feature?

What do you think is Muhammad Ali's most underrated feature?

Personally, I think it's chin. I've seen him take some vicious shots and it didn't faze him. Even when he went down against Frazier he got right back up and finished the fight.
    Hand Speed (threw punches quickly)
    5.56%
    Foot work (movement)
    8.33%
    Chin (could take a clean shot)
    22.22%
    Accuracy (landed clean shots)
    13.89%
    Defense (protected himself)
    5.56%
    Ringmanship (used ring wisely)
    5.56%
    Stamina (could last the entire fight)
    11.11%
    Experience (knew when to tie up, make space, control pace of fight)
    8.33%
    Intangibles (always focused, never became discouraged or afraid, left it all in the ring)
    13.89%
    Hand work (good form, feint, knew how to throw counters & combos)
    5.56%

The poll is expired.

I wouldn't say his chin was underrated. Most would say that he had one of the best abilities to hold a punch in heavyweight history.

I think his power might have been a touch underrated though. He isn't thought of as being a particularly concussive puncher. But he certainly hurt and knocked out guys with decent chins, through more than just a combination of speed, accuracy and timing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
      I wouldn't say his chin was underrated. Most would say that he had one of the best abilities to hold a punch in heavyweight history.

I think his power might have been a touch underrated though. He isn't thought of as being a particularly concussive puncher. But he certainly hurt and knocked out guys with decent chins, through more than just a combination of speed, accuracy and timing.
      Great point.

Comment

I voted defense.

He not only knew how to move to defend but he also knew the correct time to grab and spoil, he also knew when to shell up and because of these 3 attributes it was rare that you landed a clean shot on him.

When people think of Ali they think of his flashy punches, his speed, his footwork and his mouth, but the guy could defend as well.

Comment

I think he was over rated in general terms.

Comment

In his second career when his legs slowed down it just showed what a indomitable will the man had. Incredible.

Comment

I would say just general toughness, his chin gets a good amount of credit but his toughness went beyond just having a great chin.

Punching power would be my second choice.

Comment

Ali's chin is considered to be one of the greatest of all time so I wouldn't say it's underrated.

Comment

his intangebles all day long look at his focus every fight yeah he showboated but the man never took his eye off his opponent he just had this crazy look on his face and you knew you were gonna get a whooping off the goat lol.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
                    I think he was over rated in general terms.
                    You're entitled to your opinion but may I ask you to elaborate please? What do you think makes him over rated?

Comment

Working...
                    X