Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now we know why Floyd never accepted the Margarito fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There no doubt he ducked Margarito. The Mexican would have brutatlized Floyd and his nickname would not have been Money today. Margarito is huge. Pretty Boy's clinching and his dirty elbow tricks would have been impossible to exist.

Comment

Maidana has faster hands and feet and a better jab than Margarito. Just saying.

Comment

Floyd's people didn't want no part of Marg, we know this to be true. I also think it's silly to think Mayweather doesn't beat Marg but it wouldn't' have been easy.

Comment

Margarito would have beaten Mayweather silly. Floyd knew this, that's why he ducked him.

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
            Margarito would have beaten Mayweather silly. Floyd knew this, that's why he ducked him.
            ^^^^This. Floyd would have nothing to keep Marg off of him.

Comment

margo would have killed him

as would have a prime mosley, williams and pac, there is a reason floyd ducked them all

44-2

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                Floyd's people didn't want no part of Marg, we know this to be true. I also think it's silly to think Mayweather doesn't beat Marg but it wouldn't' have been easy.
                I tend to agree with this reasoning. Crappy part is it feeds into the Floyd wins all fantasy fights criticism. Id love to see Margo from the Pac vs Floyd from the Maidana fight. Floyd without legs gives a lot of leverage to a pressure fighter like Marg.

Comment

I'd put money on Maidana to ko Margarito.
                  Anyway lmao, Margarito without hand wraps is like a guy going to a gun fight with a rubber knife...

I do understand your pain. Floyd wins again...!

Comment

I still cant comprehend why this loser, cheat, disgrace to boxing is ever brought up. He is among the lowest of the low in the sport because of his cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                      The reason Mayweather opted for the buyout rather than waiting for the May 6 result was because the contract had a limited window for the buyout, one that expired before the De La Hoya fight. However, Arum said he would have extended the window if Mayweather had asked. What Arum wouldn't do, he said, was raise the guarantees for other fights outlined in the contract.

Arum said while Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to fight Margarito, he asked for a $10 million guarantee to fight opponents such as Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton, when Arum was only willing to guarantee $7 million.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn't interested in participating in.

"That's not in the cards," Arum said. "He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It's not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. We'll talk about things down the road."

Comment

Working...
                      X