Dela Hoya vs Schaefer Rift Theory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dela Hoya vs Schaefer Rift Theory

My theory on their rift...

Schaefer want to control Golden Boy but either Dela Hoya has the board's support or he owns more than 50% that the board cannot do ****.

So instead of signing promotional contracts to top fighters for Golden Boy, Schaefer convinced them to sign managerial contract with his ally, Al Haymon. It then ensures that they can fight with any promotional outfit. And at the same time, Al and Schaefer has the boxers' committed to them. This is actually a violation of the Muhamad Ali Act. And Al Haymon is being sued by Main Event because he has a fudiciary duty to act on the best interest of the boxer and not the promotional company.

Lately, there had been a lot of Al Haymon signing... And I doubt these fighters will sign with Al without Schaefer's encouragement or approval. Ultimately, the plan is to get enough fighters in their control to force the board to give Schaefer control of Golden Boy or work with TMT promotions. Obviously, whatever Schaefer decided, Al wams hsi stabel of fighters will be along with him.

That is probably the reason why Mayweather and Schaefer doesn't want to copromote with Arum. They want Golden Boy and Top Rank a seperate entity as much as possible. It is easier to eliminate them both if they're divided.

Someone informed Oscar of what Schaefer, Al and Mayweather is doing. That's why he is suddenly reaching out to Bob. If Bob and Oscar co-promotes, they will be the biggest promotional outfit out there. With their combined power, it would not be difficult to get SHO or HBO to come along and leave TMT out in the dark even with Al's boxers.

The questions is, will Arum go along with Oscar? Or has Schaefer did enough to offend Arum so that Arum will reject Oscar's offer even if he knows the rise of TMT will bring them down together.

Actually, I kinda like what is happening because they will be forced to give us good fights. I feel bad for Oscar though..
    Last edited by Recah; 05-04-2014, 10:29 PM.

JEALOUSY! Pure and Simple!

The Promotion is on top right now, the network they work with exclusively is on top right now...WTF is the problem?

The problem is not no damn "Cold War" none of that ****, it is simply ONE MAN INSECURITIES, he went into rehab then Came out and seen Schaefer and Haymon doing a great job keep things rolling along with out him and I think that made him feel left out and insecure.

He is running to Arum OUT OF SPITE, not to end no fukin "COLD WAR", he did it to be spiteful towards Schaefer

That is my Rift Theory lol

Comment

I think it boils down to oscar not meaning much to the day to day operations and Schafer and haymon doing all the deals... Why need oscar..

Much like when oscar, Floyd and cotto leaving top rank was they were established. Schafer and Harmon are established so they don't need oscar anymore...

Plus it's an ego thing.. Schafer is successful in business and wants to run gbp like how the UFC does and not co-promote with other promotions... It takes time but gbp would eventually have all the major players much like how UFC has done in mma

Comment

Golden boy is not the damn problem AL freaking Haymon is the problem. His alliance with mayweather and schafer is making it hard for great fights to take place. Haymon is not a manager he is a promotor he hides in the background sending his minons the watsons to do is dirty work. A majority of the fighters signed to Haymon are not even golden boy fighters so its so obvious what they are trying to do and that is control the sport of boxing. Oscar see this and Oscar knows that his contribution to the sport that he loves and his legacy is golden boy promotions. He sees how close the 3 of those guys are and he knows the only way to get his company back and give balance to the sport is to co promote with bob arum's top rank, Don King and main events. When Mayweather retires I can totally see Richard running mayweather promotions which by the way isnt a real damn company. I honest to god feel like mayweather promotions is al haymon promotions that uses golden boy resources to put on shows to avoid tax issues for haymon and mayweather.

Comment

schaefer has no choice but to stick with GB. mayweather already has a promoter and an adviser. tmt won't make schaefer partner. why would they give him a big slice of the pie? he just doesn't fit in the picture.
          schaefer will be hung out to dry. if he's smart, he should just kiss dela hoya's ass and do what's been told

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Haymon ,shaefer , and mayweather are more than enough of a power house to succeed Floyd's retirement plan.
            And it totally works in Floyd's favor .. Oscar and Floyd are not the best of friends and Floyd has secured relationships with Haymon and shaefer....

If shaefer decides to leave or part ways with golden boy he had an established enterprise with a nearly retired great in Floyd who I'm sure is going to want to really build his mayweather promotion company.. With haymons stable of fighters and his notable money negotiations , mayweather promotions can have secured capital with Floyd him self and Greg .. Along dude Haymon who will pursue many contracts therefore making mayweather promotions a huge huge competitor and possible elite new face of boxing.

I think Oscar knows this and he is reconciling with bob to protect himself from being left to rot ..

It's the same reason he is now suggesting he is the top dog of golden boy to the mass .. And I think he seldomly is confident in losing his prior partners because he always has a competitor back up
            Last edited by major handz; 05-04-2014, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Or nahhh lolll

Comment

Originally posted by major handz View Post
                Haymon ,shaefer , and mayweather are more than enough of a power house...
                Stop right there. Mayweather Promotions does not even have a Promotional License for the State of Nevada. Mayweather Promotions is nothing without Golden Boy.

And Schaefer? He's out. He's history.
                Last edited by Jimmy The Geek; 05-05-2014, 11:07 AM.

Comment

It will be harder for haymon to sign up fighters when he has to define his role as either manager or promoter..... ODLH is not firing Shaefer on purpose and will force Shaefer to sit on the sidelines cause he's under contract.

Shaefer has not worked in the Best interest of the company he's been working for. He's left it ripe by purposely not signing all these high profile fighters instead letting haymon sign them under these weird contracts....

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy The Geek View Post
                    Stop right there. Mayweather Promotions does not even have a Promotional License for the State of Nevada. Mayweather Promotions is nothing without Golden Boy.

And Schaefer? He's out. He's history.

It's not hard to obtain the license ..

Do you honestly think Floyd's ideal goal is not to form Tmt a high competitor to Gb and top rank ?

Shaefer is out ? Shaefer is close to Floyd my theory could make a lot of sense with shaefer as the supporting capital and mayweather promotions is nothing with out gb until gb is no longer needed to third party promote Floyd .

When Floyd retires do you think he's gonna honestly part from the sport ? Or is he gonna build Tmt as a power house ? Unless he joint ventures with golden boy it's been said by himself and many others is retirement plan is Tmt

Comment

Working...
                    X