No announcement yet.

A disgrace to boxing...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A disgrace to boxing...

Shane Mosley's performance on Saturday can only be described as disgraceful. When you put together all of the intangibles this fight was selling it really was disgusting.

Shane did everything in his power to insist to the world that he was going to upset Pacquiao. He felt disrespected and angry. He wanted to prove to the world that the last 2 fights were a fluke. They went on and on about how Shane was a hall-of-famer and 3 division champ has speed and power and blah blah blah. They kept saying how he was taller, had more reach and a granite chin. Then the chatter of how great of a shape he was in began after the weigh in.

...All of this was followed by my pressing the "SELECT" button on my remote when "BUY EVENT" was highlighted indicating that I was ready to watch a fantastic fight.

The commercials showing Pacquiao knocking practically everyone and their mother down were played followed by Shane Mosley bombing Margarito with shells. The set was talking about the fight in full effect even while Kelly Pavlik was still fighting. The camera men keyed in on Paris Hilton and Phil Ivey among other celebs to prove that this was indeed an "EVENT." Then they even brought in LL Cool J to the set to insist on how great Shane looked. They tabbed Tyrese Gibson to chime in and do his usual amazing American anthem. Then LL Cool J led Shane into the ring while performing "Momma Said Knock You Out." He then stood there as an American flag was raised behind him to show pride, grit, and patriotism....

...And then the unthinkable happened. Shane Mosley went from being this aggressive rumbler with a heart of a lion to a happy-go-lucky puppy. He was in there giving Pacman dap and backpedaling the entire fight. He looked as interested to mix it up with Pacquiao as water is interested in mixing up with oil. As a former fan of Shane Mosley in the late 90's and pretty much until after the Mora fight, I actually wanted Pacman to go in for the kill. I was pissed at Shane for talking himself up the whole time only to be a b*tch and run the whole fight while literally TAKING MY $$$. I wanted Manny to dispose of Shane, Hatton style. Not only do I have NO respect for Shane Mosley, but I hope that he sticks around to fight some more only to see him get KO'd cold for robbing me and EVERYONE else blind. I also hope that his fine *ss girlfriend leaves him and starts having an affair with his ex-wife while they laugh and count his $$$. I also wouldn't mind if Bob Arum played in traffic...

Discuss....

Team Pacman & Arum chose a 40 year old who hadn't looked good in the 2 fights leading up to Saturday.So who's really to blame??

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Team Pacman & Arum chose a 40 year old who hadn't looked good in the 2 fights leading up to Saturday.So who's really to blame??
      /thread

Pac fans are trying to turn it on Mosley....as though Shane was coming into the fight with good perfomances.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        I was critical of this fight as well.. But I figured there was NO WAY Shane Mosley was just going to lay down... I just "knew" he would come to war. What upsets me the most is how this fight represented the entire sport of boxing and what the casual fans are going to think of boxing based on that show.

Comment

i laugh at anyone that bought this fight..

hah ha ha

I looked at it on my guide, but when i saw it was 60$ , i kept that cash for Red Lobster

Comment

Shane had a gameplan to upset Pac and show the world!.... That is until he got hit.

Comment

Nazim said that you would never ask for your money back after watching a Mosley fight. I laughed at myself for buying the fight. I'm a Boxing fan though, I can't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by -The Game- View Post
                /thread

Pac fans are trying to turn it on Mosley....as though Shane was coming into the fight with good perfomances.....
                That's what it seems like.Pacman robs the fans of another 60 bucks to watch him beat someone we knew he'd beat.Then everyone gets mad at Mosley,wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                  i laugh at anyone that bought this fight..

hah ha ha

I looked at it on my guide, but when i saw it was 60$ , i kept that cash for Red Lobster
                  Lol. Good call!! I should have done the same. Instead Shane will probably take his chick out to dinner instead... lol

Comment

Top Rank needs to take alot of this heat Mosley was garbage what did they expect him to walk forward and get beat down cmon.still Mosley really made himself look like a (FILL IN THE BLANK)

Comment

Working...
                    X