No announcement yet.

Shadowboxing + Burpees session

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadowboxing + Burpees session

I usually only shadowbox as a warmup exercise or I'll do a few rounds of shadow boxing on an 'active recovery' day.

Today though I thought Id revolve an entire workout session around shadowboxing and burpees as my legs were feeling a bit fekked from sprint sessions.

Basically I did 2 minute rounds of hard shadowboxing, the last 30 seconds Id do burpees (about 12), rest one minute and then repeat, after about 3 rounds of this Id do one minute of burpees non stop, rest one minute and then back to the shadowboxing. By hard shadowboxing I mean high workrate, lots of combination punching and lots of head and foot movement.

Entire session lasted just under an hour and im surprised at how much it worked me. I was originally planning on just doing some moderate roadwork today but I think this has worked out much better.

So if anyone ever wants a good alternative to roadwork that doesnt really tax the joints and bones shadowboxing and burpees is the way to go!

Ill try it with either clap pushups for the last 30 or jumping burpees. Great idea chip.

Comment

why is it called burpees? it sounds gay doesnt make me want to do it...

Comment

Ohhhh yeah,them burpees have made me run longer,sprint faster,lift more & lose more weight.

Comment

Working...
        X