Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny will beat Mayweather (The case for Manny)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny will beat Mayweather (The case for Manny)

Against Hatton Mayweather almost went down to a hatton left hand (was a jab) too bad Hatton isn't much of a jabber.

Against De La Hoya - Mayweather's bane was Oscars left jab. Good lord during round 7 I thought Oscar had the fight won because Oscar seemed to have found a way to get to Mayweather... Too bad Oscar stopped Jabbing.

Baldomir and Gatti didn't have the skills to beat Mayweather...they were both mismatches.

Against Judah...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeURoJXiOdY

Zab won the first 4 rounds due to his left hand and right hook. If you watch the highlight above, you'll see that Zab had the upper hand against mayweather whenever he threw the left hand. After 4 rounds Zab stopped throwing his punches and stood there like a punching bag.

Anyone here see the pattern?

Mayweather has always had trouble with his opponents left hands (assuming they are fast). Whenever his opponents would use the left hand effectively, and seem to be pulling ahead in the fight they gassed out and stopped using it.

In Pac's last fight, he showed just how potent his left hand was. Sure Oscar was slow when dealing with it but thats not the point. The point is that Manny has a tremendously good left hand. Whats more is that Manny just doesn't gas out.

He actually steps on the accelerator in the late rounds even when hurt (Marquez - Pacquiao 2...round 9)

I pick Manny to win simply because of how great his left hand is along with the fact that manny has a great right hook which will allow him to catch mayweather coming in (Like in Judah - Mayweather)

Whats more, Manny is a southpaw magnifying the effects of him being able to land with the left hand.

Now I know that Mayweather has a great right hand too, and that Manny's southpaw style will also magnify Mayweather's right hand, but when was the last time manny really had a hard time with his opponents right hand?

So I think Mann won't win by KO but by decision due to many left hands to the body in the center of the ring, a couple of good right hooks that catch Floyd, and relentless pressure applied while Floyd is against the ropes.

The only way Floyd wins is by pot shotting Pac in the center of the ring. But I doubt that that is going to happen much because manny has speed (unlike Gatti and Baldomir but much like Judah) He has head movement (Unlike Hatton so no more check left hooks and easy right hands for Floyd) And Manny also throws while coming in (Unlike Oscar...Oscar pushed Floyd back only when he trew when coming in).

And oh I forgot. Manny won't gas out.

Manny is everything Floyds past opponents were'nt. He has the potential to combine all of Floyd's past opponents against Floyd and beat him. Manny has EVERYTHING even the height advantage (He's smaller benefitting on the inside he's small) and he even has the troublesome southpaw stance like Judah.

-Great left hand + Southpaw Stance = troubled Mayweather
    -Great head movement + throwing while coming in = Retreating mayweather
    -Great Pressure against the ropes and being small = Defensive Mayweather
    -Great Stamina = Winning pattern to continue throught the fight for Manny.

Thats basically it. What do you guys think?

Edit: Karma would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by Sandro17; 12-14-2008, 04:26 AM.

Floyds people are going to flip out when you give your opinion on Manny... Waiting for burner or any other crazy floyd fan to jump onto this topic.

Comment

Will to win<<<<< is unmatch....

Comment

Originally posted by CastorTroy View Post
        Floyds people are going to flip out when you give your opinion on Manny... Waiting for burner or any other crazy floyd fan to jump onto this topic.
        Well I make a good point.

They should atleast read my post before telling me I'm wrong, and even of they do, they have to tell me why.

I bet all they'll say is

"Yall just haters"
        "Oscar wuz weight drained"
        "HAHAHAHAHAHA ur funny"

Not going to say anything good :P

Comment

Originally posted by CastorTroy View Post
          Benny Leonard is the worst...

Comment

Pac never gets hit with good right hands becasue he is an unbelievably disciplined southpaw. Watch him. He is the best southpaw I have ever seen. Better than Whittaker and Camacho. Will his career be as good? Dont know but as far as his technique goes he is better.
            Last edited by GTTofAK; 12-14-2008, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandro17 View Post
              Against Hatton Mayweather almost went down to a hatton left hand (was a jab) too bad Hatton isn't much of a jabber.

Against De La Hoya - Mayweather's bane was Oscars left jab. Good lord during round 7 I thought Oscar had the fight won because Oscar seemed to have found a way to get to Mayweather... Too bad Oscar stopped Jabbing.

Baldomir and Gatti didn't have the skills to beat Mayweather...they were both mismatches.

Against Judah...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeURoJXiOdY

Zab won the first 4 rounds due to his left hand and right hook. If you watch the highlight above, you'll see that Zab had the upper hand against mayweather whenever he threw the left hand. After 4 rounds Zab stopped throwing his punches and stood there like a punching bag.

Anyone here see the pattern?

Mayweather has always had trouble with his opponents left hands (assuming they are fast). Whenever his opponents would use the left hand effectively, and seem to be pulling ahead in the fight they gassed out and stopped using it.

In Pac's last fight, he showed just how potent his left hand was. Sure Oscar was slow when dealing with it but thats not the point. The point is that Manny has a tremendously good left hand. Whats more is that Manny just doesn't gas out.

He actually steps on the accelerator in the late rounds even when hurt (Marquez - Pacquiao 2...round 9)

I pick Manny to win simply because of how great his left hand is along with the fact that manny has a great right hook which will allow him to catch mayweather coming in (Like in Judah - Mayweather)

Whats more, Manny is a southpaw magnifying the effects of him being able to land with the left hand.

Now I know that Mayweather has a great right hand too, and that Manny's southpaw style will also magnify Mayweather's right hand, but when was the last time manny really had a hard time with his opponents right hand?

So I think Mann won't win by KO but by decision due to many left hands to the body in the center of the ring, a couple of good right hooks that catch Floyd, and relentless pressure applied while Floyd is against the ropes.

The only way Floyd wins is by pot shotting Pac in the center of the ring. But I doubt that that is going to happen much because manny has speed (unlike Gatti and Baldomir but much like Judah) He has head movement (Unlike Hatton so no more check left hooks and easy right hands for Floyd) And Manny also throws while coming in (Unlike Oscar...Oscar pushed Floyd back only when he trew when coming in).

And oh I forgot. Manny won't gas out.

Manny is everything Floyds past opponents were'nt. He has the potential to combine all of Floyd's past opponents against Floyd and beat him. Manny has EVERYTHING even the height advantage (He's smaller benefitting on the inside he's small) and he even has the troublesome southpaw stance like Judah.

-Great left hand + Southpaw Stance = troubled Mayweather
              -Great head movement + throwing while coming in = Retreating mayweather
              -Great Pressure against the ropes and being small = Defensive Mayweather
              -Great Stamina = Winning pattern to continue throught the fight for Manny.

Thats basically it. What do you guys think?

Edit: Karma would be greatly appreciated
              look you put together a solid enough argument but manny cant win this fight

you talk about floyd having trouble with judahs left hand, yeah fair enough, but he came back and won that fight didnt he? he overcame that problem

manny wont catch floyd clean all that much, and if he gets floyd on the ropes, hell i guarantee thats where floyds best work will occur as he rolls off mannys shots and lays on counters

pac isnt strong enough to push floyd around, mayweathers physcial strength is quite underrated and he wont get bullied by manny

he will win a UD

Comment

He could win enuf rds to make it close, but I don't think he could win a decision. He won't land enuf flush shots to finish him either.

Comment

PAc will KO Mayweather.. It won't be easy but Pac will catch him in the later rounds

Comment

Awesome great Topic, I believe Pacman is the only fighter that can beat Mayweather. They are the same size and both P4P best of their decade. Winner of this fight will best of his era. I would just like to state if Mayweather KO'D Pacman, you can't use any excuse

Comment

Working...
                    X