Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carson Jones Knocks Out Ricardo Williams Jr in Ok. City

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carson Jones Knocks Out Ricardo Williams Jr in Ok. City

By Jake Donovan - Resurgent welterweight contender Carson Jones picked his seventh straight win – all by knockout - after scoring a fourth round stoppage of Ricardo Williams Jr on Thursday evening in Oklahoma City.

Jones scored three knockdowns en route to becoming the first fighter to stop Williams Jr., who had won nine straight since returning to the ring in 2008. [Click Here To Read More]

Wow. Ricardo Williams. Whatever happened to him? Last time I saw him he was on HBO, losing to some guy called "El Pollo" or something and looking like he trained in a Wendy's kitchen. Immense talent but never dedicated himself.

Comment

Jones warms the heart of this old man. A proper fighter. We don't care how many fights you lost in the past. It's only your last win that matters. Best of luck, Mate.

Comment

jones has serious talent. i've seen his last 3 or 4 fights and he looked really good destroying said ouali who nearly beat selcuk aydin and tyrone "biggest puncher in boxing history" brunson. i'd like to see jones fight kell brook.

Comment

Jones is a solid contender and there are a handful of WW he could @ should look to test he's just a good fighter who's gained his stripes inside the ropes w/o backing from the power brokers of the sport well earned.

Soloman
          Porter
          Brook
          Aydin
          Jones

Just to name a few who could use this type of challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
            Jones is a solid contender and there are a handful of WW he could @ should look to test he's just a good fighter who's gained his stripes inside the ropes w/o backing from the power brokers of the sport well earned.

Soloman
            Porter
            Brook
            Aydin
            Jones

Just to name a few who could use this type of challenge.
            solid post.

Comment

Carson is a solid fighter and a good guy, I've seen him fight many times now. He's put in the work and I look forward to him getting a title shot. Oklahoma big ups!

Comment

I love Slicky Ricky...but this pretty much killed his career.

What's funny is there was a point in which I thought he would be a better pro than Cotto.

My how times have changed...smh

The talent was there, but for whatever reasons this guy tried to be a part time boxer/part time drug dealer.

Comment

Boxers these days, they sign these big contracts but forget they have to fight for the money! - George Foreman

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Wow. Ricardo Williams. Whatever happened to him? Last time I saw him he was on HBO, losing to some guy called "El Pollo" or something and looking like he trained in a Wendy's kitchen. Immense talent but never dedicated himself.
                    I expected much more from Williams. He should never fight at more than 140. I see that he had 6 fights in his 1st year, 3 in his 2nd and then not more than 2 from then on. Not nearly enough for an upcoming fighter.

I just don't know why these guys who have the real talent to make money, get involved with drugs. Are they really that stupid?? Of course a pro fighter rarely is known for intelligence. Street smarts maybe, but generally not more. Still, you'd think that it would be drummed into him every day as he was growing up "Don't get involved with drugs".

Comment

Working...
                    X