Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ref could've/should've counted out Algieri. Do you agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ref could've/should've counted out Algieri. Do you agree?

I think it was the round 9 knockdown with the PAC straight left. Algieri was SLOW to get up,.. got up at around the 9 count but didn't even look at the ref, sorta turning away from him. His hands weren't ready and just seemed out of it. He was clearly not ready.

The ref gave him an extra 7-10 seconds to recover. There are some refs who would've stopped it...ie the ref who called the last Golovkin-Rubio fight.
    Yes
    74.00%
    No
    26.00%

Not really quite, but understandable why you'd think that.

All of the knockdowns were basically one punch ones rather than say for instance a flurry like Joshua had earlier. . Actually I'm not sure I think I take that last comment back but Algeri for the most part was always defending himself if you could call it that.

. . . but what is more surprising for me is why Algeri's corner just didn't throw the towel in post 9th round.
    Last edited by MPX309; 11-23-2014, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Could've with the straight left in the ninth....Pac KO was the favorite though

Comment

He was hurt bad but he wasn't out on his feet. He was able to walk forward so the ref let him continue. Thats the way its supposed to work

Comment

I'm glad it wasn't stopped, Chris showed heart...the guy wanted to continue, its ok.

Can't imagine Floyd fans with the "premature stoppage" posts, damn.

Comment

I definitely thought so.

Comment

I thought the count from 9 to 10 was slow. If this were in the U.K. Algeri would have been counted out at 6.

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
                Not really quite, but understandable why you'd think that.

All of the knockdowns were basically one punch ones rather than say for instance a flurry like Joshua had earlier. . Actually I'm not sure I think I take that last comment back but Algeri for the most part was always defending himself if you could call it that.

. . . but what is more surprising for me is why Algeri's corner just didn't throw the towel in post 9th round.

Because that's when Algieri was going to be released out of his cage.....

Comment

I thought it was close to being a stoppage with that good straight left he ate. I thought the ref at one point was going to stop it.

Algeiri has heart just as he had shown against Prov.

Comment

Algieri was seeing birds and stars flying around. I thought he did get counted out while watching it.

Comment

Working...
                    X