No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adamek vs. Pulev in Talks For Poland Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by runner1980 View Post
    I don't know about that, they both fought Travis Walker and Adamek did much better than Pulev. Adamek will outbox Pulev with his speed and boxing skills.
    It doesn't work like that. As a Pulev opponent Adamek is nothing like Walker and as an opponent for Adamek aside from their size Pulev and Walker are nothing alike.

I think Adamek will get stuck on the outside the majority of the time much like the Vitali fight. Pulev has a similar type of jab and defensive style to Vitali and when Adamek tries to jump in with his ambush style and throw combinations Pulev's footspeed is as fast or possibly even faster than Adamek's and Kubrat should be able to move away before Tomasz can land most of the time. Wide UD or possibly even a late stoppage for Pulev.

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
      It doesn't work like that. As a Pulev opponent Adamek is nothing like Walker and as an opponent for Adamek aside from their size Pulev and Walker are nothing alike.

I think Adamek will get stuck on the outside the majority of the time much like the Vitali fight. Pulev has a similar type of jab and defensive style to Vitali and when Adamek tries to jump in with his ambush style and throw combinations Pulev's footspeed is as fast or possibly even faster than Adamek's and Kubrat should be able to move away before Tomasz can land most of the time. Wide UD or possibly even a late stoppage for Pulev.
      I personally think Adamek does better against bigger/slower fighters than smaller/faster ones like Chambers/Cunningham. On the other hand, Klitchko is a much better boxer than Pulev so I doubt the fight will end for Adamek like it did against Vitali.

Adamek can take a punch (look at the shots he took from Walker who has power) and still get up. I don't think Adamek has much of a chance against Vladamir/Vitali (I don't think any current boxer does) due to their size, boxing skills, and experience.

I attended the Cunningham vs Adamek fight and I would not really say Adamek's is on the decline, I think in that particular fight he just had to chase Cunningham around the whole 12 rounds and was getting hit with light/quick jabs and combinations and they ended up giving the fight to the aggressor.

Either way, I think it will be a very good fight and I hope it's in the United States so I can attend it. May the best man win!!!

Cheers...

Comment

Working...
      X