Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

in the greatest producers thread...how come no one brought up Havoc?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
    If you are 22 yrs old, then you probably wouldn't remember how BIG T.R.O.Y. (They remenisce Over You) was in NY and over all in Hip Hop at the time, he had a Sprite commercial before most rappers had ANY endorsement deals on that level, worked with the likes of Nas, House of Pain, Heavy D (his cousin), Ghostface, Jim Jones as of recent, the list goes on.

Havoc's (production wise) biggest hits were Shook Ones II, Its Mine, and Quiet Storm. But he hasn't had this big mainstream success (not that he needs it anyway) compared to Pete Rock who during his time was one of the top 2 guys to go to (along with Premier)
    And what good has that done him today? Mainstream fans dont know who pete rock or havoc is, they might know of troy...and they might have heard shook ones in the movie 8 mile, but thats it. And I wasnt trying to argue that Havoc has made more of an impact, but how many producers have made a bigger impact then Pete Rock? Several, while he's a nobody to the mainstream fans for most of this decade, Kanye West is viewed as one of the best. Just Blaze has also made a much bigger impact this decade.

To me, the only thing that should matter is that the produce has made an impact...and then you evaluate from their. The argument can be made either way, thats all im saying...much respect to both of them for what they have done for hip hop.

Comment

people sleepin on havoc ta!!!

truthvito shakes his head

Comment

sounds sooo soulful, wouldnt u agree?

Comment

havoc is that dude... made this beat for styles p even when d block was beefin with the unit.. that was a good look, i love this song.. Im a be bumpin time is money all night tonight.

(big mike for whatever ****ing ******ed reason put his **** all over this, couldnt find album version)

Comment

and how could i forget...

JADAKISS - WHY produced by no other then havoc...

Comment

props to lep for those 2 posts, i love havoc and th4l3pr3ch4un (no ****)

Heres a list of legends that havoc has produced beats for

Method Man
              Nas
              Foxy Brown
              Onyx
              Biggie
              Jadakiss
              Styles P
              The Game
              LL Cool J
              50 Cent
              G-Unit
              Lil Kim
              LA the darkman
              Big Noyd
              Capone-N-Noreaga

And lets not forget all the great work hes put in Prodigy, both of them are legends in the rap game and thats undeniable. Havocs still puttin in great work

This is off the Kush...dont sleep on this CRACK

Havoc aint even human to me, hes a ****in machine...i dont think i can even think of 10 wack havoc beats. He is the definition of consistent

Comment

Havoc beats rock.....I'm becoming a bigger mobb deep fan by the day. i was a fan in the past, then lost interest, now i find myself youtubing mobb deep songs....

Comment

Mobb Deep can be addicting...by the way, props on this thread

*votes 5 stars*

Comment

Originally posted by $onny View Post
                    Mobb Deep can be addicting...by the way, props on this thread

*votes 5 stars*
                    Thanks $onny. hows the Mafia going these days?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X