Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Believes In Ghosts and The Spirit World?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lady Fan View Post
    And that's it? This is your absolute proof that we're witnessing the "Big Bang?" It's a VERY weak answer. More examples please!
    No it's not.

Yet again, I supplied a general answer. Particles collided to make the big bang and particles are still colliding now.

I don't think you'd really understand if we went into neutrons and atoms?

Comment

• Originally posted by JackNapier View Post
      The reason being you agreed with the idea that scientists have never witnessed it so they can't prove it. I was pointing out how dumb that is. I have never seen a dinosaur but believe they have existed because of the evidence they left behind. The same holds true for the Big Bang.
      Yes, the Big Bang is a theory, and theories in science are of a higher order than facts. What theories do is unite facts to explain them. It is not a guess... It is not a belief... It is a collection of facts explaining a phenomenon. As new facts come to light, the theory is either confirmed and the evidence matches predictions or is modified to further explain the facts present.
      I'm not disagreeing with any scientific findings regarding the "Big-Bang" however, science cannot discount the notion that an outside Intelligence "God" could have started this event in order to create the existence of life throughout the universe. JAT

Comment

• Originally posted by Lady Fan 2 View Post
        I'm not disagreeing with any scientific findings regarding the "Big-Bang" however, science cannot discount the notion that an outside Intelligence "God" could have started this event in order to create the existence of life throughout the universe. JAT
        So you think God could have created the big bang?

Comment

• Originally posted by Demise View Post
          So you think God could have created the big bang?
          In your opinion, why would an event like this happen. Anything created has a "Creator" as far as we know. Am I correct? Why would we think that such a fantastic event such as the "Big-Bang" would occur out of mere chance?

Comment

Finally, I get a decent answer out of you. No, science can not discount it. There is no evidence to suggest that there was a higher power involved (or any creation mythology) but it does not discount the possibility.

It's not up to science to disprove an "outside intelligence" though, it's up to someone (such as yourself possibly) to provide the evidence for the involvement of such a being. Since there is no evidence the notion holds absolutely no weight in a scientific sense.

However, when creation "science" tries to discount real scientific evidence to support a creation myth in a book it's destined to fail miserably every time... There is no conflict with the notion of a God or Gods and the Big Bang or Evolution, just with the religious beliefs which fly in the face of what we actually do know about the universe...

Comment

In your opinion, why would an event like this happen. Anything created has a "Creator" as far as we know. Am I correct? Why would we think that such a fantastic event such as the "Big-Bang" would occur out of mere chance?
              Exactly!

Which is why I highlighted it in bold.

What I've being saying all along is that we have a better understanding of how the Earth was created, evolution, survival of the fittest etc then we did 500 years ago. Perhaps in another 500 years we might unlock some other information about how the universe was created?

My argument has always been about life on Earth. How it was started because of the big bang, particles and later on cells. Life started on here through science, not through divine intervention.

But your first topic about 'atheists being stumped' and then going on about how we're all wrong was what brought me in to this debate. You made it sound like you were higher then us and you wouldn't accept the facts that people stated.

People have been thinking about how the universe was created for hundreds of years. I'm not going to start now to provide you an answer. But I guess it is easier to say a 'higher being' has created it.

It is more probable that life on Earth was created through cells growing and multiplying to create organisms than a 'higher being' simply creating animals out of thin air. Facts have supported my claim of how life began, but there are no facts to support your views on how life began.

As I've said. Not really bothered about the universe and how it was created now. Because the topic was always about Earth.

Comment

• Hello Squealpiggy: Well, well, it looks like you're open to the notion that other life is possible in the universe but you can't fathom the notion of God existing somewhere out there. Hmmm. Very irrational thinking on your part.
                It isn't irrational thinking at all. We know that life exists in the universe, we can be sure of this because we are part of it. We know the extremes of conditions in which life can and does exist, and therefore we know what is needed for life to exist not just on earth but elsewhere on the universe. Therefore we can infer that where similar conditions exist elsewhere in the universe the possibility of life existing is also there, and the more places with such conditions there are the better chance of some of those places bearing life.

On the other hand not only do we not know for sure that there is a non-corporeal super being anywhere in the universe, we have no evidence of such a power existing anywhere, least of all on earth. Acknowledging the possibility of extraterrestrial life is not the same as acknowledging the possibility of an invisible super being who apparently has a hand in everything but somehow never leaves any evidence.

The "Big-Bang" is still a theory and NOT fact:
                Dear me, really? You haven't picked up yet that "Theory" is not the same as "Guess" or "conjecture"?

I'm not disagreeing with any scientific findings regarding the "Big-Bang" however, science cannot discount the notion that an outside Intelligence "God" could have started this event in order to create the existence of life throughout the universe.
                But simply assuming the existence of such a power would be wholly unscientific given that it does not follow from the lines of available evidence.

Comment

Working...
                X