No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jorge Arce Announces Retirement Following Donaire Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jorge Arce Announces Retirement Following Donaire Loss

If the retirement sticks, then begin the countdown for Jorge Arce to gain eligibility for eventual induction into the International Boxing Hall of Fame.

One of the most popular lower weight fighters of all time, the former four-division champ announced his exit from the sport on Saturday evening. The retirement speech came moments after his third round knockout loss to Nonito Donaire at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Best thing he can do after last couple of fights, quitting against the Rican and now this.
    So long Arce, enjoy the retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanstyle View Post
      Best thing he can do after last couple of fights, quitting against the Rican and now this.
      So long Arce, enjoy the retirement.
      We have to find out who's about to retire at 122 for donaire go and give him a tittle shot

Comment

This was an expansion fight for donaire. The whole purpose was to increase his visibility...Give him an opportunity to take over Arce's Mex fanbase. As well, provide JA w/ a farewell payday. They are friends. Arce was done b4 he even entered the ring....But of course we all knew that. So Nonito beats two guys consecutively who were ready to ride off...Do they mean much or no?

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
          We have to find out who's about to retire at 122 for donaire go and give him a tittle shot
          lol

I didn't even know the Donaire fight was over...too busy watching Amir Khan destroy this poor kid, Molina.

Comment

I'm gonna miss Arce he's a legendary warrior

Comment

Originally posted by mistermartin View Post
              This was an expansion fight for donaire. The whole purpose was to increase his visibility...Give him an opportunity to take over Arce's Mex fanbase. As well, provide JA w/ a farewell payday. They are friends. Arce was done b4 he even entered the ring....But of course we all knew that. So Nonito beats two guys consecutively who were ready to ride off...Do they mean much or no?
              never gona happen

Comment

Mini Me wants a shot at Donaire. He's no taller than arce.

Comment

Originally posted by Garofalo View Post
                  lmaoooooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by Garofalo View Post
                    He's only an inch taller.

Comment

Working...
                    X