No announcement yet.

What Do You Think Of Clottey at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do You Think Of Clottey at 154?

Looked back to himself against Mundine and he's always been well built so he probably feels better at 54. How do you think he matches up against Andrade, Canelo, Lara, Angulo, Vanes, Molina, Trout, etc....

Im very intrigued by him. I think if he's right then he can matchup well with just about anyone

Clottey is a tough SOB at any weight. He just lacks the rhythm to hang with elite punchers like Pacquaio. He's too awkward and doesn't have enough volume to hang at the top, imo.

Comment

nah, Pac was super elite and a Southpaw. The guys at 154 dont have that kind of game and volume punching

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        nah, Pac was super elite and a Southpaw. The guys at 154 dont have that kind of game and volume punching
        Yeah. Imo there isn't that many elite fighters at 154, so like you, I can see him having success there.

I think he has the kind of pressure to get to Lara.
        The grit to bang with the likes of Kirkland and Angulo

I see Canelo putting together too many combos and bombing away on him like Pac did, maybe just not as good as Pac did.

Comment

The Grand Master beats everyone at 154.

Comment

Make Clottey-Angulo.

Comment

Same loser he always was at the top end, he has decent talent but he is smallish for 154 but even if he found success against a top end guy he will find a way to blow it.

Comment

I think he's game with anyone at 154, but has a much better chance against fighters with similar physicality. I don't think he'd be able to beat the longer, taller fighters that use their size advantage properly.

Would be very interested in seeing him against Kirkland.

Comment

I dont think he beats any of the top guys,, but he will make decent money by cashing out his name vs some youngsters like charo bros, andrade, nelson, etc...

Clottey is just never active enough all 12 rounds to win any big fights, much like his welter campaign..

Comment

I think he needs a promoter.

Comment

Working...
                    X