No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez: "Miguel Cotto Has No Balls"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
    He is not trying to chase HOF status he is chasing money.
    He's chasing both. And I don't like his yuppie image as well, much like Mayweather's earlier image. He still is a yuppie but he hides it behind the "street" image.

Comment

No big deal.. He is baiting the top names to fight him.. It happens all the time in this sport. The problem is that he is baiting guys who are smaller than him.. There are big names at 168, who are the same size as he is.. If he cant get the big names at 154 and 147, then he should go up and fight the top dogs at 168. But he is not doing that....He has the height, reach, and built to fight at 168 so dont tell me that he cant bulk a few pounds to fight at 168...

Comment

I'm getting sick of Martinez very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by RonRoss View Post
          The point of the thread is Martinez saying stupid stuff about Cotto, I'm just saying why Sergio shouldn't be saying it, I hope Cotto takes the fight it would be a good one, I wouldn't know who to pick.
          That's exactly what boxing needs, there's too much sissyfied "I'll let my promoter handle that" crap going on. And then people wonder why boxing is in such a ****ttty state, let's keep letting the promoters drive this sport to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemurni View Post
            No big deal.. He is baiting the top names to fight him.. It happens all the time in this sport. The problem is that he is baiting guys who are smaller than him.. There are big names at 168, who are the same size as he is.. If he cant get the big names at 154 and 147, then he should go up and fight the top dogs at 168. But he is not doing that....He has the height, reach, and built to fight at 168 so dont tell me that he cant bulk a few pounds to fight at 168...
            Yes but I never thought Id see this from him. Hes supposed to be a gentleman and all that...very disappointing that he has sunk to that level.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Say's the guy who is due to fight Darren Barker?

One thing Cotto has is balls. If Bob Arum puts someone infront of him he will fight him.
              Thats the thing.. Bob wont put martinez infront of him.

You guys are delusional. Martinez has NO TITLE right now. Hence why NO ONE IS WILLING TO FIGHT HIM. There is seriously NO REWARD at all anymore, thanks to the constant strip jobs going on by the commissions.

Comment

Why are people *****ing about what Martinez is saying? Boxers have always called out other fighters in this manner, it really shows who knows the sport and who just started watching boxing a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
                  Yes but I never thought Id see this from him. Hes supposed to be a gentleman and all that...very disappointing that he has sunk to that level.
                  He spoke his mind, saying cotto is afraid to fight him. No one ever said Martinez wasn't allowed to speak his mind - how is that out of character? Out of character is Miguel refusing to shake his hand when Sergio had never done anything to him or said anything about him.

I thought Sergios popularity among these boards was his HONESTY. He's being honest here, you guys are just showing bias.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                    He spoke his mind, saying cotto is afraid to fight him. No one ever said Martinez wasn't allowed to speak his mind - how is that out of character? Out of character is Miguel refusing to shake his hand when Sergio had never done anything to him or said anything about him.

I thought Sergios popularity among these boards was his HONESTY. He's being honest here, you guys are just showing bias.

Out of character is Miguel refusing to shake his hand when Sergio had never done anything to him or said anything about him.

hmmm when did this happen?

Comment

Originally posted by freedom213 View Post

Out of character is Miguel refusing to shake his hand when Sergio had never done anything to him or said anything about him.

hmmm when did this happen?
                      It's in that article. Martinez says Cotto refused to shake his hand at a Event they were doing in Mexico. THAT"S what has caused Martinez to start speaking out against cotto.

Cotto gave him the cold shoulder, now he's upset.

Comment

Working...
                      X