No announcement yet.

Props to Floyd and rant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Props to Floyd and rant

I was rooting against Floyd but he put on a vintage performance and was gracious in victory, as always. I respect the art and science, though I will always enjoy watching a more aggressive and punishing style of prize fighting. Nevertheless, Floyd is top dog of the generation.

Sad to admit, as Pacquiao fan, all the excuses coming from their camp. The shoulder injury, legit or not, is still just an excuse. Since they decided to fight on with it, then they have to live with the results of their decision. NSAC was right to deny them their last minute request for meds and it should not be used to diminish Floyd's victory.

It played out as I thought it most likely would, though I was hoping for the upset. Floyd obviously imposed his game plan perfectly, built a lead early and pulled away late. Manny landed some good ones, probably more clean shots on Floyd than anyone I can recall, but still not nearly enough. I pretty much had it the same as the two judges 8-4.

Floyd is unbeatable at 147. I think Manny beats other 147 lbers other than Floyd. Manny should stop talking about his shoulder, just rehab it and fight a top 147lber. For Floyd, a Khan fight would bring good $ if he wants to make some $ before retirement.
Working...
X