Why does Spain and Portugal deny their arab history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does Spain and Portugal deny their arab history

Enfbwodbd2prbrb2ifbfkekfn
    Last edited by shinobi108; 08-16-2020, 09:05 AM.

Moorish influence was in Southern Spain (Cordoba, Sevilla, Malaga etc).

The North was never under Moorish rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Underboss View Post
      Moorish influence was in Southern Spain (Cordoba, Sevilla, Malaga etc).

The North was never under Moorish rule.
      No not influence, it was ruling over spain during ummayad caliphate in 7th century

Comment

Because they are shamed by it obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          Because they are shamed by it obviously.
          I dont understand why they are ashamed of it, because the arabs took over spain europe had the 'window tax' because there was no running water, islamic cordoba was where most of the modern day designs for infrastructure came from, they changed europe from a backward medievil sort of rough people, into what they are today which is the leaders in technology etc

Comment

Personally, I take pride in my Arabic background. I am Mexican American. Therefore, I have Spanish blood. Therefore, I have Arabic blood. I am not certain of this. However, I always get confused by many people for being Arabic. I hope one day it gets me an Arabic woman. I think I have attracted Arabic women before. They give me looks that indicate they want me. They get me hot. So I think I am probably part Arabic. I take pride in it, though, since they have a beautiful culture. I have this weird relationship with them, as if I know I belong to that culture. It's hard to explain I feel a connection to them.

Comment

I will need some higher boots for all the bulshet in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
                Personally, I take pride in my Arabic background. I am Mexican American. Therefore, I have Spanish blood. Therefore, I have Arabic blood. I am not certain of this. However, I always get confused by many people for being Arabic. I hope one day it gets me an Arabic woman. I think I have attracted Arabic women before. They give me looks that indicate they want me. They get me hot. So I think I am probably part Arabic. I take pride in it, though, since they have a beautiful culture. I have this weird relationship with them, as if I know I belong to that culture. It's hard to explain I feel a connection to them.
                I am Mexican-American and I never heard anyone say this, ever. In the US and Mexico. Pretty strange. Arab, lol.

This site has more people pretending to be people they are not than any site I ever been to.

Comment

If I remember correctly about 8% of Spanish words either have a root of or derive from Arabic words. It's interesting stuff to learn about. I can't speak for the Spanish but I'm Mexican-American and if I have any Arabic roots, cool.

Comment

Pau Gasol looks like an Arab.

Comment

Working...
                    X