Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto vs Mayweather 2? Why not? Cotto did good, it'd make money and no.1 was great!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree with this

Comment

Originally posted by judge_jab View Post
      Disregarding other fights that 'could' be made,

I'd love to see a rematch for the sheer enjoyment of watching another war with the two of them...

I feel Cotto would have learnt a lot from this fight, he wasn't dominated in the first and it would still do good money.

Why not?
      Definitely not. Cotto didn't do good enough to warrant another shot at Floyd. It was a great fight, but it won't happen. Besides there are plenty of people that could have a shot at Floyd in the near future.

Comment

Mayweather's gonna beat him even worse.

He'll have timed cotto better, made the necessary adjustments and cotto probably wont fight and train as hard as the first fight now that he knows mayweather is better than him.

Comment

Would rather see Miguel fight the top dogs at 154, and get another title.

A rematch with Floyd maybe some time in the future, but definitely not immediately.

Comment

Too soon. Wait for Floyd to turn 38 and then try again.

Comment

I would love to see a rematch. To me, Mayweather didn't win as clearly as most people are saying. The entire fight, I didn't feel like either guy got the upper hand on the other. There were a few times I thought Cotto made Mayweather look pretty bad out-jabbing him in the middle of the ring. There were also times when Floyd made Cotto look bad, ripping him with swiping rights and uppercuts. Both of them did some good body work. I saw a very entertaining and close fight.

I wouldn't mind seeing Cotto-Alvarez first, and if Cotto can win, give him a rematch.

I would love to see a rematch next year at Madison Square Garden on the eve of the Puerto Rican Day Parade. I doubt Floyd would ever agree to that, but it would be HUGE.

Comment

No, because the fight was not close and a rematch would not make as much money. Floyd would be criticized for fighting a guy he just beat by a wide margin.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                  Id like to see a rematch, but down the road (1-2 years from now). First and foremost, id rather see a pacquiao rematch. I think pedro would help cotto bring a better gameplan to the ring, and the result would be different.
                  This. I'd pay for a Cotto-Pacquiao rematch at 151-154 no CW

Comment

In the words of Oscar De La Hoya, "A great fight deserves a great rematch".

Both fighters fought fought their hearts out, why not? I am buying the ppv for entertainment, not to look up stats.

Comment

Im sure May-Cotto would do bigger PPV numbers the 2nd time around and for that reason alone it should be made. But I agree with others that Id like to see Cotto grab maybe the IBF strap (Spinks/Bundrage) first so at least a rematch would unify 2 belts.

Comment

Working...
                      X