Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alvarez needs to stop ducking the entire 154 pounds division.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sigrab jr View Post
    Well let's see, it's more like the big fights are ducking Canelo. It's not fighters particularly ducking him, just that he's had no luck. To me, he seems pretty sincere about fighting the best.

For his next fight, he's demanding GBP a fight with #2 ranked JMW Miguel Cotto, Ring/WBC Champion Sergio Martinez, #1 ranked/WBA[154]/WBC[147] Champion Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Previously, he had a fight with Williams, Kirkland and Ortiz fall off for one reason or another. He had Cotto and Mayweather both tell him they're on vacation and were not available for September.

Canelo is alright by me. He seems genuine in fighting the best, it's just that he doesn't have good luck on his side. 2013 will be the year we see Canelo in the big fights though.
    I agree with you. He was set to fight Kirkland and when Kirkland backed out he was set to fight Williams until Williams was in the accident. These were two top contenders that the other 154 pound champs were not fighting. So it's plain as day he was not trying to avoid top rated fighters. It was not his fault those fights did not happen. Now he is asking for a fight with Cotto or Martinez, probably the two best 154 pounders in the world. He does not sound like a ducker to me. I don't think millions of Mexican boxing fans love the guy because they think he is a big chicken. I am a Canelo fan and I believe he is fearless and a damn good fighter.

Comment

Angry Cuban, how many top rated 154 pounders did the other 154 pounds champs, Cotto, Bundrage, and Trout defend their tittles against? None as far as I know. Yet you only attack Canelo for not fighting the best contenders. We all know who the best contenders are. Lara, Vanes, Molina, Kirkland, and before he was hurt, Williams. Were Trout, Cotto, or Bundrage trying to fight these guys? Hell no, but you only single out Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by controlmachete View Post
        i have to gree with this, once youre a champ you gotta defend your title vs mandatories and champs....

a 22 year old boxer does not make his own matches

he couldn't name half the guys in the top 25

your beef is with goldenboy promotions

Comment

Who had Dirrell fight before fighting Froch?

Who had Ward fought before fighting Kessler?

Who had Floyd fought before fighting Hernandez?

It happens. Young fighters with good managers/promoters get a huge fight before getting the lesser, tough fights. Sounds to me like you are afraid that Canelo will be sucessful or give a good account of himself against Cotto/Mayweather or Martinez.
          I said that nobody is a champion and have 6 straight defences against nobodys..all those guys they keep fighting better oposition..

Comment

Originally posted by FkDaHtrs View Post
            Like he runs the show. Be pissed at the promoters and the president of the WBC. Canelo has been saying he is ready for anyone for a while now. In that situation, you wouldn't bite the hand that feeds you either.
            Every fighter have the right of decide if he want the fight or not..he should have said no to josesitos fight..this guy was two weight classes under..

Comment

It happens. Young fighters with good managers/promoters get a huge fight before getting the lesser, tough fights. Sounds to me like you are afraid that Canelo will be sucessful or give a good account of himself against Cotto/Mayweather or Martinez.
              Maybe ppl from their own weight class at least..

Comment

I think canelo indeed wants to fight the best and believe he can beat anyone at 147-154 but his management is puss

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                  why the **** should you as a FAN give two ****s about how much money he makes, you as a FAN should be shouting as loud as the rest of the real fans are to MAKE the REAL fights

****ing money, are you a woman? you sound like it
                  This soung raw rough but it's true...that why we are boxing fan site and not in a money fans site..

Comment

Dirrell had 18 fights when he fought Froch
                    Ward 20 fights
                    Floyd 17 fights

Comment

he has tried, but for whatever reason the fights did not happen, With Kirkland, an injury, with PWilliams, the accident. Some people attack this kid without thinking. The kid is for real and 2013 will be his year..

Comment

Working...
                      X