No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Pacquiao ; keys to victory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stewie Cruise View Post
    For both fighters its all about Jabbing.
    i agree the jab is important, but manny's jab atleast against cotto wasn't effective at all

Comment

Originally posted by C.Y. View Post
      i agree the jab is important, but manny's jab atleast against cotto wasn't effective at all
      Didn't need to throw it. He punished him with right hook leads.

Comment

What gives me hope for PAC are the Zab and Hatton fights against Floyd Jr.

Zab, because a) He's a southpaw b) We found out Floyd was susceptible to a counter right-hook, because Floyd tends to lean in when throwing his jab to the body. c) Combinations will do it against Floyd, especially against the ropes, they may not land cleanly, but it's better than gettin' pot-shotted in the middle of the ring.

As for the Hatton fight.

Hatton closed the gap on Floyd time after time, I mean, it seemed like he was always able to get Floyd against the ropes, he just didn't know what to do once he had him on the ropes.

Floyd is known for his speed, but, Floyd himself has shown vulnerabilities in spots where he has trouble with awkward/fast fighters himself.

Comment

Fraudulent jr. is not the same fighter as he was when he was at 130-135.

His output has dropped, his combinations coming fewer & fewer, & most importantly his legs are not the same as it once was.

When i look at 130-35 version, he is much more lighter in his feet & barely rests on the ropes.

Now i he relies more on upper body movement ON THE ROPES rather than his legs. You cant shoulder roll everything. If he gets on the ropes vs a accurate offensive fighter like Pac, he's gonna lose rounds.

50-50 fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BOX-A-LOT View Post
            What gives me hope for PAC are the Zab and Hatton fights against Floyd Jr.

Zab, because a) He's a southpaw b) We found out Floyd was susceptible to a counter right-hook, because Floyd tends to lean in when throwing his jab to the body. c) Combinations will do it against Floyd, especially against the ropes, they may not land cleanly, but it's better than gettin' pot-shotted in the middle of the ring.

As for the Hatton fight.

Hatton closed the gap on Floyd time after time, I mean, it seemed like he was always able to get Floyd against the ropes, he just didn't know what to do once he had him on the ropes.

Floyd is known for his speed, but, Floyd himself has shown vulnerabilities in spots where he has trouble with awkward/fast fighters himself.
            good points

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
              I see only one way Mayweather can win, and that is to get on his bicycle for 12 rounds and use is jab. Cotto has a great jab and he used it well in round 1 untill Manny started attacking him. If Floyd is jabbing and backing up, Manny will have a hard time catching him even with his fast feet. I don't think Floyd can keep him off with his jab, but he can score a lot of points with it. Manny is good at attacking and slipping the jab, but when he's setting up there is a bit of time for him to get popped with it, or even the right hand (JMM).

For Manny, he just needs to attack and use his right hook a lot. He has a very fast right hook. Floyds shoulder roll defense does little to defend against a right hook, esp a fast one that Manny has been using as a jab and a hook. If Floyd revert back to a normal hands up defense like he did against Zab, this gives Manny some time to land his straight left through the gloves. I only see this happening if Floyd hits the ropes. Manny has quick hands but being the shorter guy it will take a lot of speed and timing to catch a guy like Mayweather backing up.

Other than those 2 points, I think Manny has a serious strength and power advantage, at 147, I'd edge hand speed to FMJ and footspeed, although you could argue that Manny's left hand is the quickest in the business.

In terms of size, I don't think Floyd is that big. He's only Cotto's height and he is a lot skinnier. Manny looked damned near as big as Cotto and standing beside FMJ I would reckon his head is 2 times as big as Floyds tiny head.

right now I think Floyd will win this by Ud, running backwards. I give Manny a huge chance as well if he can catch him (who knows how Floyd will react to Manny's punches)
              So, it's not ring generalship, it's getting on his bicycle?

We agree all that talk about Floyd being the bigger man is completely out the window, right?

Comment

Working...
              X