No announcement yet.

Reflections on the CL Final: what people misunderstood

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beecherhq View Post
    A friend of mine went to Bon Jovi concert in Huddersfield and witnessed somebody get stabbed outside for a ticket, true story.
    That just proves it can happen at any concert then, eh.

Comment

Originally posted by paul750 View Post
      That just proves it can happen at any concert then, eh.
      No only at a Bon Jovi or Chas n Dave concert would that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by beecherhq View Post
        I think people have gone too far over the top about Man Utd losing this final. End of the day they are a great team no doubt about it. Anyone who says Alex Ferguson is a chequebook manager IMO knows nothing about football, he is one of the best club managers ever.
        I dont think anyone with half a brain or more would dispute how good a Manager Ferguson is and has been but....he has still forked out huge money for players.

Comment

Originally posted by MickyHatton View Post
          I dont think anyone with half a brain or more would dispute how good a Manager Ferguson is and has been but....he has still forked out huge money for players.
          Indeed quite possibly Britain's best ever manager but you can't deny he has had the money for players when he asks for it.

Comment

Yeh yeh, none of you can deny that some of his best buys have been complete bargains.

Comment

Originally posted by JmtRyan View Post
              Yeh yeh, none of you can deny that some of his best buys have been complete bargains.
              Ronaldo yes but he has bought howlers like Veron and paid through the nose for Berbatov, Rooney and Ferdinand so.....

Comment

Has anything changed? Again, United are the form team. In 2008-9 Barca had peaked in November. This year they did maybe a month later. United have played their best in the last month, and perhaps have been better than Barca in that time. But Barca are rested. And there's still not a ball-winner in the United midfield. United do not counterattack nearly as well as two years ago. Most importantly, the tiki taka that Barca have mastered now barely existed before the 2009 final.

Comment

Working...
                X