The logic of Canelo Alvarez haters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
    do you think floyd should fight him?
    If the choice is Alvarez or Guerrero, give me the Guerrero fight. At least the Ghost earned this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ..David.. View Post
      Hehehe I dont know if any cares but let me tell you a story about Canelo, because i actually live in guadalajara mexico and work under the tutelage of Oscar "chololo" Larios wich is one of the guys that discovered Canelo and a former world champ.

And as many i tought canelo was just a hypejob ( he is overrated thats for sure but the guy can fight ) So Oscar tells me this story about Marco Antonio Barrera training here in guadalajara and canelo was only like 16 at the time and he was an amateur, so he goes up and does some light sparring with MAB and starts givin MAB hell. when the bell rings he goes to MAB and asks him " Are u going light on this kid or what ? " and Marco antonio replied to him " Hell no who tha hell is this kid men ? " it was at that moment when Oscar knew he found someone special.

So u can hate all u want but the damn ginger kid has had some serious talent since the beggining.
      Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
      I'm sure Canelo is a much better fighter than Ortiz (comes into his fights very big for WW), but you should keep in mind Canelo is much bigger than Floyd, so I can see how Floyd would be reluctant even if he and his team won't admit it. They say he would beat Martinez who is the same size as Canelo, so I assume they would say the same about Canelo who has never really been challenged.

Guerrero has fought tougher opposition (Canelo is hardly a P4P king, so there isn't that element) and is closer in age as well as weight, so it makes more sense.
      I have no problem with Floyd fighting Guerrero. Floyd is a welterweight and the WBC welterweight champ and Guerrero is the #1 WBC contender and the junior WBC champ or whatever they call it. Guerrero has earned a shot at Floyd by beating two top contenders so he deserves the fight. After he fights Guerrero Mayweather should either give up his WBA 154 pound tittle or face Trout in September since Trout is the WBA 154 pound champ and Mayweather is the WBA 154 pound superchamp. I am one Canelo fan that would not consider it a duck if Floyd did not fight Canelo. However I do think Floyd should defend his two tittles or give them up.

Comment

Working...
      X